Hi Ja kub,
Can you clarify what you mean by Parallel deployment?
- Do you intend to use the scanner (automatic detection of new package for deployment based on scan of a given directory)
- Are you in standalone or domain mode
- Do you use CLI / Management interface / ...
For example if using scripting, there shouldn't be an issue in executing 2 separate scripts to deploy separate applications.
You may deploy multiple versions of a web application with the same context path at the same time. The rules used to match requests to a context version are as follows:
- If no session information is present in the request, use the latest version.
- If session information is present in the request, check the session manager of each version for a matching session and if one is found, use that version.
- If session information is present in the request but no matching session can be found, use the latest version.
The Host may be configured (via the
undeployOldVersions) to remove old versions deployed in this way once they are no longer in use.
No this is not possible in JBoss EAP
1 of 1 people found this helpful
To my knowledge, no such feature is present in JBoss EAP per se.
What you can do in domain mode is upload multiple applications under the same runtime name or define the same context for all of them in the web.xml),
As an application is assigned to a running server instance through deployment assignation at server group level,
you can change deployment target for server groups one by one, in essence having both applications running (but on different nodes).
It does mean you need to implement clustering so that at shutdown of the old application, the sessions are transferred to the new one. or you'll have disconnections for the users.
There is also the rollout plan option, that allows you to automate the deployment on multiple server groups, but again you'll need to implement clustering to avoid disconnections.