4 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 5:32 AM by michpetrov

rich:calendar is not working in RF3.3.4

sivaprasad9394

Hello All,

To reproduce the problem,Please do like below.

1.Open the link(http://showcase-rf3.richfaces.org/richfaces/calendar.jsf?c=calendar&tab=usage) here in the IE11 browsers.

2.Click the Calender Icon,It pops up the Calender.This is fine.

3.Now "Select Locale" to DE (Radio button)

4.Change the Combo box "Select Date Pattern" to some new value Ex: MMM d, yyyy

5.Now again click the Calender Icon,No thing will happen.Here is the problem.

Calender_IE11_3X_RF.png

Error1.png

Error2.png

The same above scenario is working with RF4 Link,

http://showcase.richfaces.org/richfaces/component-sample.jsf?demo=calendar&skin=blueSky

Which this behaviour is happening and what is the reason behind it?

• 1. Re: rich:calendar is not working in RF3.3.4
          michpetrov

Given the age of RF3 it's not expected to work well on newer browsers, you should upgrade if you plan on using them. You can check the browser console for errors, the issue is probably in JavaScript.

• 2. Re: rich:calendar is not working in RF3.3.4
            sivaprasad9394

Hello Mr. Petrov,

Thanks for your reply.I agree with your answer.Is there any possibility to trace the log or problem in Java script to fix the problem.If I do the upgrade means I have to change the complete system,Looks like that is not possible now.There is no Java Script Errors in the Console.

Error and Comparison of Code:

FailureCalender3.3.png

WorkingCalender3.3.png

Thank you.

• 3. Re: rich:calendar is not working in RF3.3.4
              sivaprasad9394

Hello Mr. Petrov,

Thanks for your reply.I agree with your answer.Is there any possibility to trace the log or problem in Java script to fix the problem.If I do the upgrade means I have to change the complete system,Looks like that is not possible now.There is no Java Script Errors in the Console.

Browser Version: IE-11

New Version of Jar files replaces instead of 3.3.1 to 3.3.4 Version.But Still the problem remains same.

ErrorRichfaces.png

Thank you.

• 4. Re: rich:calendar is not working in RF3.3.4
                michpetrov

There is an exception thrown when the Calendar is recreated, you can see it if you set the debugger to stop on all exceptions. For some reason IE doesn't replace the HTML correctly, exception is thrown and the click listener is not attached to the button.