1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 18, 2014 4:23 AM by lafr

Using the cli to update standalone-full.xml - modify interfaces doesnt work ?

martinm1000

Hi,

I have a cli file to add stuff like JDBC resources and JMS queues to a clean wildfly 8 installation; it works great except for this :

I want to change the interface for public binding to any ip address and not just local.

If I remove it, looks like wildfly just dies on me :

[standalone@localhost:9990 /] /interface=public:remove
      Communication error: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: Operation failed: Operation failed: Channel closed
      [disconnected /]

So looks like I can't remove it and add this one (that doesn't seems to do anything by itself) :

/interface=public:write-attribute(name=any-ipv4-address)

So, is there a bug for changing this part of the configuration, or am I doing it wrong ?

• 1. Re: Using the cli to update standalone-full.xml - modify interfaces doesnt work ?
          lafr

When removing the interface wildfly probably not dies but closes the all the connections using this interface including yours from jboss-cli.sh/.bat.

Adding an interface probably needs an ":add", but your "/interface=public:write-attribute(name=any-ipv4-address)" does not.

Working example for adding mail: /subsystem=mail/mail-session="java:/Mail":add(jndi-name=java:/Mail,from="...",debug=false)

But influencing the socket bindings is done easier in your startup command:

$JBOSS_HOME/bin/standalone.sh -Djboss.bind.address=0.0.0.0 -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=0 --server-config=standalone-langfr.xml