5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 7:39 PM by alesj

Exception while started

skokys

Hello

I have downloaded version 2.0.0CR4. I have expanded it and run on as described on Getting started page. I run Ubuntu 14.0.4.

The JBoss server seems to be started, but /_ah/admin returns "not found". The main page of http://localhost:8080 show default JBoss site.  If I try to use may app that runs on appengine, it seems to be deployed, but does not show up - I get "Forbidden" on the / url. This is the exception:

19:26:57,622 ERROR [org.hornetq.core.server] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 44) HQ224000: Failure in initialisation: HornetQException[errorType=NATIVE_ERROR_CANT_OPEN_CLOSE_FILE message=Can't open file]

at org.hornetq.core.libaio.Native.init(Native Method) [hornetq-native-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.asyncio.impl.AsynchronousFileImpl.open(AsynchronousFileImpl.java:241) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.AIOSequentialFile.open(AIOSequentialFile.java:189) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository.createFile(JournalFilesRepository.java:603) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalFilesRepository.ensureMinFiles(JournalFilesRepository.java:215) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalImpl.setUpCurrentFile(JournalImpl.java:3120) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalImpl.load(JournalImpl.java:2013) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalImpl.load(JournalImpl.java:1323) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.journal.impl.JournalImpl.load(JournalImpl.java:1306) [hornetq-journal-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.persistence.impl.journal.JournalStorageManager.loadMessageJournal(JournalStorageManager.java:1538) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.loadJournals(HornetQServerImpl.java:1828) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.initialisePart2(HornetQServerImpl.java:1665) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.access$1400(HornetQServerImpl.java:170) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl$SharedStoreLiveActivation.run(HornetQServerImpl.java:2183) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.start(HornetQServerImpl.java:450) [hornetq-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.hornetq.jms.server.impl.JMSServerManagerImpl.start(JMSServerManagerImpl.java:485) [hornetq-jms-server-2.4.1.Final.jar:]

at org.jboss.as.messaging.jms.JMSService.doStart(JMSService.java:169) [wildfly-messaging-8.1.0.Final.jar:8.1.0.Final]

at org.jboss.as.messaging.jms.JMSService.access$000(JMSService.java:63) [wildfly-messaging-8.1.0.Final.jar:8.1.0.Final]

at org.jboss.as.messaging.jms.JMSService$1.run(JMSService.java:96) [wildfly-messaging-8.1.0.Final.jar:8.1.0.Final]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [rt.jar:1.7.0_72]

at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122) [jboss-threads-2.1.1.Final.jar:2.1.1.Final]

Please advice,

Thank you, Laco,

• 1. Re: Exception while started
          alesj

How do you deploy your app?

It should be named ROOT.war, if you want to get "/" context by default.

(there are other custom WildFly tricks/configs to get the same effect)

Otherwise you get the context name as per the name of your app; e.g. myapp.war --> /myapp

And you can only see "/_ah/admin" once the app is deployed.

For the exception, it looks unrelated to the deployment or CapeDwarf.

And it must be some issue with HornetQ' journal file.

Perhaps check on the HornetQ forum.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Exception while started
            skokys

Yes, the issue with HornetQ seems to be something related to Ubuntu described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16266337/hornetq-cant-start-error-native-error-cant-open-close-file. Now I can see JBoss startup without errors but my app does not work anyway.

If I start it like this "./capedwarf.sh" I see JBoss default page on http://localhost:8080. If I start it with my app ROOT.war /work/cape/war/ dir, I start in "./capedwarf.sh /work/cape/war" I still see "Forbidden" on the http://localhost:8080/.

I have no security constrains in my app. On standard appengine dev it works fine.

I also see "18559: Deployed "/work/cape/war/" (runtime-name : "ROOT.war")" in the server startup log, but /_ah/admin does not work.

Thank you, Laco.

• 3. Re: Exception while started
              alesj

What about if you zip it -- aka ROOT.war, and drop it into <CAPEDWARF_HOME>/standalone/deployments ?

• 4. Re: Exception while started
                skokys

Yes this works. What should ve done to make it working the standard way?

L.

• 5. Re: Exception while started
                  alesj

This is the standard way, in JBoss / CapeDwarf.

Can you create a simple example that exposes this issue?