I have built three simple beans Author (1:1) Image (1:n) ImageVariant that are connected via CMR with each other: Author.getImage() fetches the author's image-bean and Image.getVariants() fetches all available variants of the given image.
This all works pretty well during initial creation, but updates only work on the Author-bean, the affected ImageVariants don't get updated. I also had a look at the generated SQL statements: only updates for Author, but not for Image or ImageVariant. For updating I use XDoclet-created ValueBeans and the Author-bean's setAuthorBeanValue() function on AuthorBeanLocal.
I'm pretty sure I made some mistake here, but don't have any clue what it could be.