7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2014 6:22 PM by vinay.bist

query

vinay.bist

Hi,

I am new to JBoss and have to deal with a jboss application to integrate with SSO product.

As a prerequisite I have to create a modules on Jboss named as module.xml and it will have have content like

<resource-root path="j2eeagent.jar"/>

So my question is that where will I keep my j2eeagent.jar so that it can be refered by this module? Is it same folder where module.xml

Also it has another content as

<dependencies>

<module name="javax.servlet.api"/>

so where this (javax.servlet.api) module I can see?

Appreciate if anybody response on this

-Vinay

• 1. Re: query
          mmusaji

Please take a look at the classloading section in the documentation which will give you a better idea of how this works - Class Loading in AS7 - JBoss AS 7.0 - Project Documentation Editor

• 2. Re: query
            vinay.bist

Hi

Thanks I will check this..one more query -

I have create a global module and my customer Jboss (6.1) does not have any file standalone.xml or domain.xml , can you tell in this case how to refer the global module?

• 3. Re: query
              mmusaji

It doesn't make sense that he doesn't have standalone.xml or domain.xml, these are the main configuration files in JBoss. The link I provided goes through exactly how to install a custom module and what to do.

Also, you'd refer to the custom modules you using a jboss-deployment-structure.xml in your application and a module.xml in the actual module and not the standalone or domain files.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: query
                wdfink

Is there a directory servers/default? In this case it is a JBoss 6.1 community version which is different from EAP6 which is based on JBossAS7.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: query
                  vinay.bist

Hi Wolf-Dieter Fink,

yes exactly I can see servers/ and instaed of default client has given name.

/opt/jboss-6.1.0.Final/server/<client specific name>/conf

So it is not EAP 6 then can you point where can I download this? while I am searching it is directing me to 6.1 EAP

• 6. Re: query
                    wdfink

A version for developers (which can not be used in production without a subscription) can be found here http://www.jboss.org/products/eap/download/

Old versions are here JBoss Application Server Downloads

Newest version is here Downloads · WildFly

Note that the EAP bits are only free for development use.

• 7. Re: query
                      vinay.bist

Hi Wolf-Dieter Fink,

Thanks Appreciate your input, now I have downloaded and setup on my local.Its working fine. I have deployed a sample web application. Also I have referenced my LoginModule in login-config.xml by specifying the appropritae format and class. Now where I have to place my LoginModule jar? I have placed under /app/u01/jboss-6.1.0.Final/client/ is this correct?.

Also One thing I don't understand that where is the reference that my web application will use this new loginModule because I can see lot of modules shown in login-config.xml but could not able to map these lodules to particular web applications?

-Vinay