2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 5:15 PM by dishmael3

Standalone versus Domain Mode

dishmael3

Are most people running in Standalone or Domain Mode for production environments?  Based on my initial findings from an every shrinking JBOSS support community, most people are running in Standalone Mode.  Anyone else seeing the same thing?  Thoughts?  Comments?

• 1. Re: Standalone versus Domain Mode
          wdfink

What you mean by this?

David Ishmael wrote:

Based on my initial findings from an every shrinking JBOSS support community, most people are running in Standalone Mode.

From my perspective more and more will move to the domain mode as it is simpler to administrate. The only issue to understand is that domain and cluster are two different concepts.

• 2. Re: Standalone versus Domain Mode
            dishmael3

It is quite possible many will eventually or are in the process of moving to Domain Mode installations; however, the majority of individuals who respond (and there aren't very many) to my questions refer to their Standalone Mode installations.  I've had a lot of issues running in Domain Mode, specifically with regard to monitoring the JBOSS EAS server.

For example, I cannot connect to "server-one" or "server-two" via JMX on their assigned ports 4447 and 4597 respectively using the remoting URI (e.g. service:jmx:remoting-jmx://host:port).  I have posted this specific issue/question here on these forums as well as several JBOSS IRC channels and nobody can answer the question; however, there is an endless supply of community help if I am having this same issue (or any issue really) in Standalone Mode.

The reason for my question (and perhaps over generalized statement) is that if the majority of the EAP community is on Standalone Mode, then I would argue it makes more sense for me (and my organization) to focus on Standalone Mode since there is a larger body of community help.