1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2014 4:38 AM by giofyxle

Jboss-Logging does not write Logs when Resource Adapter is linked to log4.jar

giofyxle

We deploy a web-application and an resource-adapter to WildFly 8.1.

Both web-application and resource-adapter use some same libraries. These libs are deployed to WildFly as a global module. This module includes a log4j.jar.

In the source-code of those common libraries, of the web-application and of the resource-adapter we call functions of log4j.

With this architecture the web-application works but we have problems to get our own log-output.

In the logging subsystem we configure to write our own logs “de.mycompany” to a special file. This file is generated but remains empty.

Then I removed the log4j.jar from our global module. Now the resource-adapter cannot be deployed but the web-application is deployed. And when calling the web-application, our own logs are written to that special file. (But of course the application cannot work fully without the resource-adapter)

In the logging subsystem we put

use-deployment-logging-config to false

and

add-logging-api-dependencies to true

My questions:

1. Is it wrong to put log4j.jar to a global module?
      2. If yes: How can I make the resource-adapter run without log4j.jar in the global module?
      3. If no: What to do to have the log-output written?

Thanks Gio

• 1. Re: Jboss-Logging does not write Logs when Resource Adapter is linked to log4.jar
          giofyxle

So I found out:

to be able to use jboss-logging we must not use our own log4j.jar.

The solution was to remove the log4.jar from our global module. Instead we referenced in the global module the wildfly intern log4j-module:

<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.3" name="de.safir.api">

<dependencies>

<module name="org.apache.log4j"/>

</dependencies>

</module>

In this configuration the resource-adapter starts without error and the jboss logging works.