0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2014 11:19 AM by danielsan83

Unable to deploy application on Wildfly 8.2 remote server

danielsan83

Hello everybody,

I am new to Wildfly and I am trying to deploy a very simple War application. The application has nor security nor jdbc resources. It is just a simple out of the box Vaadin project.

When I deploy it on my local Wildfly everything works perfectly, but I am having trouble with our company server. I have changed the hostname of the public and management interfaces so I can access the console web application from my computer. Until there everything seems fine.

The problem arises when I try to create the deployment. I select the file to be deployed but when I click "Save" I just see the "Please wait" dialog with the "Your request is being processed...". Nothing happens from there and on, the application does not freeze, does not display any error message, just seems to wait forever. In my local server the exactly same War file gets deployed in a matter of seconds.

I have changed the log level to see what's going on and the only thing I have caught is the following:

11:16:31,568 DEBUG [io.undertow.request.io] (XNIO-1 I/O-2) UT005013: An IOException occurred: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException

at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.transferFrom(FileChannelImpl.java:658) [rt.jar:1.7.0_71]

at org.xnio.nio.NioSocketConduit.transferTo(NioSocketConduit.java:270)

at org.xnio.conduits.ConduitStreamSourceChannel.transferTo(ConduitStreamSourceChannel.java:83) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at io.undertow.channels.DetachableStreamSourceChannel.transferTo(DetachableStreamSourceChannel.java:68) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange$ReadDispatchChannel.transferTo(HttpServerExchange.java:1932) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at org.xnio.channels.Channels.drain(Channels.java:808) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange.endExchange(HttpServerExchange.java:1463) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.AbstractServerConnection$CloseSetter.handleEvent(AbstractServerConnection.java:298) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.AbstractServerConnection$CloseSetter.handleEvent(AbstractServerConnection.java:279) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:92) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.StreamConnection.invokeCloseListener(StreamConnection.java:80) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.Connection.close(Connection.java:142) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.AbstractServerConnection.close(AbstractServerConnection.java:147) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at org.xnio.IoUtils.safeClose(IoUtils.java:134) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange$3.handleException(HttpServerExchange.java:1488) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at io.undertow.server.HttpServerExchange$3.handleException(HttpServerExchange.java:1480) [undertow-core-1.1.0.Final.jar:1.1.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelExceptionHandler(ChannelListeners.java:126) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners$DrainListener.handleEvent(ChannelListeners.java:1160) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners$DrainListener.handleEvent(ChannelListeners.java:1125) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:92) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.ChannelListeners$SetterDelegatingListener.handleEvent(ChannelListeners.java:1111) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.conduits.ReadReadyHandler$ChannelListenerHandler.readReady(ReadReadyHandler.java:66) [xnio-api-3.3.0.Final.jar:3.3.0.Final]

at org.xnio.nio.NioSocketConduit.handleReady(NioSocketConduit.java:88)

at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:539)

And afterwards the following log is repeated over and over

11:15:30,040 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) Scan complete

11:15:35,041 TRACE [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) Scanning directory /home/developer/Servers/wildfly-8.2.0.Final/standalone/deployments for deployment content changes

11:15:35,042 TRACE [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) Executing "read-children-resources" []

11:15:35,043 TRACE [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) Prepared response is {

"outcome" => undefined,

"result" => {}

}

I am not sure if it has anything to do with the issue, but it is the only thing I have found.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.