3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 6:09 AM by burmanm

4.13 - NPE on plugins.jbossas7.BaseProcessDiscovery.supportsPatching()

pathduck

Hello

I upgraded to 4.13 from 4.12 today and the following exception is thrown when the Agent is discovering resources.

The result is that all AS7 servers are marked as down.

Under Connection Settings > Supports Patching the value is not set (i.e. Null), and to solve it I had to set it to False for all servers (since AS7 does not support it). I also had to restart the agent.

Setting it for one server did not seem to fix it, I had to set the value for all the AS7 instances on the host and restart agent.

This is JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final running on RHEL 6.5.

2014-12-08 10:09:06,404 ERROR [main] (rhq.core.pc.upgrade.ResourceUpgradeDelegate)- ResourceUpgradeFacet threw an exception while upgrading resource [Resource[id=18225, uuid=52993bc2-49ee-4432-abbb-9c0a7b1defe7, type={JBossAS7}JBossAS7 Standalone Server, key=hostConfig: /opt/jboss/server/tms-backend-ver/configuration/standalone.xml, name=TMS-Backend-Ver (10690), parent=d26apvl005.test.local]]
      java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
          at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy50.upgrade(Unknown Source)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager.invokeDiscoveryComponentResourceUpgradeFacet(InventoryManager.java:575)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.upgrade.ResourceUpgradeDelegate.executeResourceUpgradeFacetAndStoreRequest(ResourceUpgradeDelegate.java:290)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.upgrade.ResourceUpgradeDelegate.processAndQueue(ResourceUpgradeDelegate.java:107)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager.activateAndUpgradeResourceRecursively(InventoryManager.java:3729)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager.activateAndUpgradeResourceRecursively(InventoryManager.java:3740)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager.activateAndUpgradeResources(InventoryManager.java:3699)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.inventory.InventoryManager.initialize(InventoryManager.java:298)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.PluginContainer.initialize(PluginContainer.java:292)
          at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.startPluginContainer(AgentMain.java:2066)
          at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.start(AgentMain.java:757)
          at org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain.main(AgentMain.java:461)
      Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Discovery component invocation failed.
          at org.rhq.core.pc.util.DiscoveryComponentProxyFactory$ComponentInvocationThread.call(DiscoveryComponentProxyFactory.java:309)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
          at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.rhq.modules.plugins.jbossas7.BaseProcessDiscovery.supportsPatching(BaseProcessDiscovery.java:751)
          at org.rhq.modules.plugins.jbossas7.BaseProcessDiscovery.upgrade(BaseProcessDiscovery.java:552)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
          at org.rhq.core.pc.util.DiscoveryComponentProxyFactory$ComponentInvocationThread.call(DiscoveryComponentProxyFactory.java:305)
          ... 5 more