3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2015 1:45 PM by David Novak

Efficiency of DistributedCallable in Ispn7

David Novak Newbie

Hi,

I'm using Ispn 7.0.2 with the distribution mode together with persisent data in file-store (config attached). Ispn is embeded into my system; I need to execute some "operation" on a set of keys and I am using DistributedExecutorService and DistributedCallable in order to forward my "operation" to all nodes in the system, let them read a set of keys from their local storage and process the operation. I am testing the efficiency on a variable number of objects read from the cache and with variable query frequency.

When I am using one Ispn node, it works well but when I run Ispn in distributed mode on two nodes (data is split half and half, machines in the same rack), the overall performance of this operation is WORSE than in case of one node... It seems like if the distributed processing (des.submitEverywhere() ) was sequential instead of parallel. When I was using Ispn6 (config attached),  there was a speedup when I was adding nodes (as expected) but it is vice versa with Ispn7.

Isn't there any configuration of the thread pools that is actually sequential in Ispn7 by default? For instance, I found setting <transport executor>, but I don't have a clue where to find possible executors or if it could change anything... Or any other ideas, please? I'm desperate...