1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2014 6:13 AM by wdfink

weblogic 10.3/maven 1/ejb 2.1 to jboss migration

josephsekar

I trying to migrate an application which is using maven 1, ejb 2.1 and running on weblogic 10.3 to Jbos EAP 6.3.

When I check JBOSS documentation it shows that it supports EJB 2.x but no where I am seeing any examples of it. All I am seeing is that JBOSS is using EJB3. The difficulty in my project is migrating from maven 1.x to 2.x/3.x to support EJB 3.

My questions are

1. Is it possible to migrate from EJB 2 to EJB 3 using maven 1(I do not see required plugins) itself as I can not afford to upgrade maven at present?

2. Is there any example that I can see pure EJB 2 is running on JBOSS ( i am looking for jboss.xml, ejb-jar.xml configurations)? by the way I need to migrate weblogic-ejb-jar.xml to jboss.xml and assuming ejb-jar.xml used in weblogic will work on JBOSS without making any change.

• 1. Re: weblogic 10.3/maven 1/ejb 2.1 to jboss migration
          wdfink

I'm not the Maven expert, especially for old Maven versions.

So I would recommend to upgrade Maven first.

You can run EJB2 applications with EAP6, but there are some necesarry changes for the jboss deployment descriptors (i.e. jboss.xml is ignored and you need to use jboss-ejb3.xml).

As you use EAP6.3 I assume you have a subscription and access to the Migration_Guide. Here you can find more details to migrate EJB2 applications to EAP6.

If you use the spec conform ejb-jar.xml this would work with EAP6, but the weblogic specific DD need to be migrated.

Also if you use CMP Entities it might be more difficult