1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 10:33 AM by jayshaughnessy

JMX port error while installing jboss operations network on red hat linux.

bhargavdesai99

Hi,

While installing jboss operations network, i encountered an error at the beginning. The rhq.storage.jmx-port (...) is already in use. Installation cannot proceed. I changed the bind address from 0.0.0.0 to the IP address of my machine, but still did not work. Also changed the port number in rhq-storage.properties file.Tried to find if any service is using those ports, but strangely no services were running on those ports. Please let me know if any other changes are required ?

• 1. Re: JMX port error while installing jboss operations network on red hat linux.
          jayshaughnessy

It makes sense that the bind address would not solve the issue but changing/setting rhq.storage.jmx-port in rhq-storage.properties, I think should have had an effect.  If you can't clear the port then I'd suggest opening a JON support case.  I assume this is a new JON 3.3 installation, or is it an upgrade?  Make sure you are using the proper steps depending on the situation, as the steps and commands are different, and also differ from past releases.