2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2015 8:40 PM by asifas

Deployment on Jboss-eap-6.1 process?

asifas

Hi Jboss Expert !

I have installed jboss-eap-6.1 and start domain base server on windows environment now I want to deploy simple application "Helloworld" but I couldn't find deployment directory in domain server. Kindly help me about deployment process that how should I deploy simple application in 6.1 as well as need to know deployment directory !

• 1. Re: Deployment on Jboss-eap-6.1 process !!
          jaysensharma

File-based deployment is not supported for domain mode, use the CLI or the web console.

You can use the "$JBOSS_HOME/bin/jboss-cli.sh" script to connect to domain controller and then you cna run the following kind of command to deploy your application to a particular server group or to all server-groups:

[domain@localhost:9999 /] deploy ~/Desktop/test-application.war --all-server-groups

However you can use the <> in order to know How to do Exploded deployment in Domain Mode ?

Example:

1. /deployment=XYZ.war:add(runtime-name="XYZ.war", content=[{"path"=>"/YOUR/PATH/TO/XYZ.war","archive"=>false}]) 
          2. deploy --name=XYZ.war --server-groups=main-server-group 

Or use the following configuration in your "domain.xml"

1.      <deployments> 
          2.         <deployment name="XYZ.war" runtime-name="XYZ.war"> 
          3.             <fs-exploded path="/YOUR/PATH/TO/XYZ.war"/> 
          4.         </deployment> 
          5.     </deployments> 
          • 2. Re: Deployment on Jboss-eap-6.1 process !!
            asifas

Thank Jay. I used Web-console for application deployment , after deployment I checked the domain.xml file there were mention the application name and some application related info but I couldn't found the application path !!! can you tell me further guidance about the deployment plz, I want check the physical location when deployment has been done by web-console.