Interesting update. I've tried a great deal of things to work around this issue. I removed all of the files from the ear deployment except for an empty war. This results in the same error as above. This means that the problem lies directly in my modules directory. I have added a custom login module that must be causing an issue with the jboss-modules.jar. I'm still not entirely sure if this module is the culprit, but failing to deploy an empty ear seems to have narrowed my search.
That does look like a bug. I think you should create a WFLY JIRA and attach a simple application that reproduces it.
any chance you can provide sample ear deployment that can reproduce this?
This way it will be much easier to debug and fix.
Working on creating a sample ear right now. I'll post it as soon as I have something that is 100 percent reproducible.
I've found the source of the issue. Oddly enough the issue is being caused by a Hibernate 3.6 jar in the org.hibernate.3 module folder. I added the hibernate3.jar and adjusted the module.xml and then in the standalone*.xml, under domain:ee:2.0, i added
<module name="org.hibernate" slot="3"/>
I then attempted to deploy an empty ear with an empty war subdeployment. The same IllegalArgumentException occurred. I could attach the sample ear, but there is literally nothing in it.
I was able to work around this issue by removing the global modules section from the standalone*.xml and adding a dependency in a jboss-deploy-structure.xml. I also disabled jipijapa because it was causing other issues after correcting the IllegalArgumentException. There seems to be some conflicts between Hibernate 3.6 and jipijapa when using JPA with Hibernate.
Can you please tell me what changes you made into jboss-deployment-structure.xml to solve this error.