1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 11:39 AM by Wolf-Dieter Fink

EJB invocation from remote server instance

Rodrigo Uchoa Novice

Hi everyone,

Let me start by saying that I've already read the docs regarding this topic, at EJB invocations from a remote server instance - WildFly 8 - Project Documentation Editor.

My question is regarding the authentication mechanism between the two server instances. In the link above, an "outbound-socket-binding" and "remote-outbound-connection" are created in the client instance in order to communicate with the remote instance. Obviously, this configuration is done in the "standalone-full.xml" file.

For a development environment, I want to avoid the need for developers to change Wildfly default configs. They should be able to just get a clean Wildfly install without all this configuration hassle.

So for this to work, I was wondering if the same credential config can be done in the "jboss-ejb-client.xml" file, just like its done in "jboss-ejb-client.properties" when dealing with standalone clients. The "jboss-ejb-client.xml" looks like this:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0">

<client-context>

<ejb-receivers>

<remoting-ejb-receiver outbound-connection-ref="remote-ejb-connection"/>

</ejb-receivers>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

It points to the "remote-outbound-connection" config done in the server. Could it just provide all the configs itself? Something like:

<jboss-ejb-client xmlns="urn:jboss:ejb-client:1.0">

<client-context>

<ejb-receivers>

<config>

<name>remote.connection.default.host</name>

<value>10.0.120.10</value>

</config>

<config>

<name>remote.connection.default.username</name>

<value>myUser</value>

</config>

//etc etc etc

</ejb-receivers>

</client-context>

</jboss-ejb-client>

There are 3 xsd for the "jboss-ejb-client.xml" file. Newer ones have additional configuration options, but for me it's unclear whether it works or not.