5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2015 11:38 AM by nadirx

Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value

ptarnows

What I want to achieve is... Instead of getting object from a distributed cache (owner) I want to do some kind of redirection of request to particular jboss servier instance.
      I'm only interested in answers it is possible or not and if it is possible how can one achieve this.

Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value
          rvansa

In embedded mode, see Distributed Executors http://infinispan.org/docs/7.0.x/user_guide/user_guide.html#_distributed_execution_framework

In client-server mode not yet, but it's planned.

• 2. Re: Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value
            ptarnows

It is not exactly what I want. Lets imagine for a while I have kind of router before my jboss eap farm. I know that one of the server have particular entity in its cache, becouse it previulsy handle similar request. 

So if I could only trough the key of the entity determinate on which of jboss node it was processed... i could route the next request there.

Your answer is about sending a task to that node in limited to emebeded case. And even if I implement this DistributedCallable the response of it would be serialized which I want to avoid.

I need to know the algorithm responsible for choosing infinispan node (jboss eap node) against cache key.

Infinispan does it just when puting a value, geting value or invoking this callable stuf.

The real question how can I get IP:PORT of the node?

• 3. Re: Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value
              nadirx

- Unless you're using the same interface, the clustering and web subsystems might be using different addresses. Assuming you're using a servlet, you can retrieve the "web" address using the servlet request port. You could then match that with the address returned by the CacheManager.

- The fact that one node has created an entry in a distributed cache does not mean it will be the owner of that key. You need to use the KeyAffinityService for this.

• 4. Re: Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value
                ptarnows

Maybe I don't uderstand something.

- Tanks to CacheManager I can match server address against embeded infinispan node address. That is something but I still don't know on which node become an owner of particular key.

- KeyAffinityService doesn't help me either, yes, of course thanks to that I can point on which node i.e. local I want to put my values but... stils I cannot determinate where the key was previously put.

The best thnig I can think of is binding all these stuff together with some database support which keeps mapping key --> node_address....

But each function of infinispan API have to use some alorithm to define list owners for a key, so this mapping is already there I think.

My dream is method like:  List<Address> CacheContainer.getOwnersForKey(key) or Address CacheContainer.getRandomlySelectedOwnerForKey(key).

Maybe I'm not pricise. Let take a look at some use case:

REQUEST_1 (KEY) --> ROUTER? --> WEB_SERVER_X --> SOME_OBJECT --> INFINISPAN_NODE_Z
                REQUEST_2 (KEY) --> ROUTER? --> ??? how can I discover addres of INFINISPAN_NODE_Z the owner of <KEY,SOME_OBJECT> entry?

Can I achieve this using inifinispan API?

• 5. Re: Can I determine jboss server instance against cache key value
                  nadirx

DistributionManager distributionManager = cache.getAdvancedCache().getDistributionManager();

Address address = distributionManager.getPrimaryLocation(key);