3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2015 4:23 AM by krisverlaenen

JBPM Process Deployment guide

biswajit.sarkar

I have created a JBPM Project(maven) in Eclipse.

I have a 2 custom workitems and a process in my project.

Now I want to deploy this project(jar) in Business Central.

I know i can deploy this process by committing it in git repository or by uploading it as project artifacts.

I want to know is there any other way that I can deploy my JBPM Project(jar) in Business Central.

Rafael Chies can you please guide me

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: JBPM Process Deployment guide
          rafachies

No, both ways you mentioned are the ways you can go through it. But if your end goal is deploy the bpmn2 in the business-central, I would recommend you to create the process definition directly in the business-central, it's a richer designer (in my opinion)

• 2. Re: JBPM Process Deployment guide
            biswajit.sarkar

Rafael Chies wrote:

No, both ways you mentioned are the ways you can go through it. But if your end goal is deploy the bpmn2 in the business-central, I would recommend you to create the process definition directly in the business-central, it's a richer designer (in my opinion)

Thanks Rafael Chies

But in my company they have their own version control(CVS) system.

So whatever bpmn2 processes or custom workhandlers classes I will create I have to commit those in CVS system as project.

In that case can you please guide me what approach I should apply to create and deploy processes and customworkhandlers.

• 3. Re: JBPM Process Deployment guide
              krisverlaenen

I would recommend to try and extract the work item handlers in a separate jar and upload that to business-central and add a dependency from your project to that jar.  This will keep the implementation logic (work item handlers) separate from the process definitions.  How you manage your work item handler code (git, CVS, etc.) is then totally up to you.