11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 12:12 PM by Justin Bertram

Jboss WildFly JMS cluster - messages are sent to only one node during each run

Padmanabhan Venkitasubramanian Newbie

Hi,

We are trying to setup a JBoss JMS cluster for load-balancing. There is a reported issue on the use of MDBs for load-balancing. I am not sure if there is a workaround/fix for this, but we do want to send message to a cluster and have MDBs listening for messages addressed to specific destinations. Does anyone know a solution for this?

The other main issue is that I have configured a 2-node cluster but when I try to send messages, all messages are redirected to one node only at any given time, i.e. during another run all messages go to another node. Is this a configuration issue? If so which config value needs to be changed so that the messages are properly distributed? I tried specifying the

org.hornetq.api.core.client.loadbalance.RoundRobinConnectionLoadBalancingPolicy

and also tried specifying the same while configuring the ConnectionFactory on the client-side as below:

HornetQConnectionFactory connectionFactoryWithHA =
        HornetQJMSClient.createConnectionFactoryWithHA(configuration, JMSFactoryType.CF);
      connectionFactoryWithHA.setConnectionLoadBalancingPolicyClassName(RandomConnectionLoadBalancingPolicy.class.getName());

Attached is my standalone-full-ha.xml and I start the nodes as follows:

standalone.bat -c standalone-full-ha.xml -b <ip> -Djboss.node.name=<jboss1 | jboss2>

Thanks,
      Padmanabhan