6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2015 5:58 AM by khaoula_b

Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5

khaoula_b

Hello people! need your help please

i'm working on a project which the objective is the migration from jbpm 3 to jbpm 5 and i'm lost i really don't know what to do or how to begin ..

i found jbpmmigration project realised by Eric Schabell but didn't know how to work with or how to integrate it http://www.schabell.org/2011_06_01_archive.html

any help ?

i need to know step by step how to  make this migration

thank u

• 1. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
          ctomc

moved to proper forum

• 2. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
            salaboy21

Hi there,

This is a community forum, don't expect to get a step by step migration tutorial. Each scenario is different and it really depends on how your processes look like. I wound't recommend an automatic tool for the job either.

You will need to learn about the BPMN2 spec and based on your existing processes manually translate those to the new modelling language (which express a different execution semantic) .

I recommend you to start simple, with the most basic ones and then move forward to more advanced cases when you feel comfortable enough with the BPMN2 syntax.

HTH

• 3. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
              khaoula_b

ok, can u give me an example just to know how to start ? thank u

• 4. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
                salaboy21

An example of what? I recommend you to take a look at the latest KIE-Workbench where you have the process designer, task lists and process lists. Inside the KIE Workbench a set of processes are defined so you can take a look at those.

HTH

• 5. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
                  calca

As Mauricio said, what it what you are trying to migrate?

I mean, how are you using jBPM3 in the current system? Do you have your custom UI? Is this task oriented? How does your processes look like? You will have to migrate them to jbpm 3 language to BPMN2.

Here people will give you some guideance, but you will have to learn a bit the basis of jbpm5/6. I recommend starting with the official documentation and if possible also the jBPM5 Developer's Guide book.

Thanks,

Demian

• 6. Re: Migration from JBPM3 to JBPM5
                    khaoula_b

I need to migrate start-states forks and joins tasks,...