5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2015 10:54 AM by Parth Trivedi

jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2

Parth Trivedi Newbie

Hi,

I am very new to jBPM and I am facing some problems connecting my workflows on Kie workbench (or eclipse) with MS SQLSERVER 2008.

Please correct me if I am wrong here, I created a workflow in Kie.

I deployed it and started workflow.

Then I modified it and again deployed and started the workflow. So now I have around 6 instance IDs under process instances.

As far as my understanding goes, these instance IDs should be reflected in the database using :

select * from ProcessInstanceInfo and/or

select * from ProcessInstanceLog

But I don't see any of the information in the database I also tried checking in h2 database but again there anre no rows.

Now, I tried changing configs here: http://localhost:9990/console/App.html#datasources and I got successful test connection with my MS SQLServer database. I disabled other two exaple ones and enabled my connection. so, I am assuming that server is connected to my db and not h2. Even then I am not seeing any entries in db.

I have made changes in the configurations as below:

wildfly-8.1.0.Final\standalone\configuration\standalone.xml

<datasources>

<!-- <datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/ExampleDS" pool-name="ExampleDS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true">

<connection-url>jdbc:h2:mem:test;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE</connection-url>

<driver>h2</driver>

<security>

<user-name>sa</user-name>

<password>sa</password>

</security>

</datasource>

<datasource jta="true" jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/jbpmDS" pool-name="H2DS" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" use-ccm="true">

<connection-url>jdbc:h2:~/jbpm</connection-url>

<driver>h2</driver>

<security>

</security>

</datasource> -->

<datasource jta="true" jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/sqlserver" pool-name="sqlserver" enabled="true" use-java-context="true" use-ccm="true">

<connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://SQLSERVER2008R2:1234;DatabaseName=xyz</connection-url>

<driver>sqljdbc4-2.0</driver>

<security>

<password>sa</password>

</security>

</datasource>

<drivers>

<!--<driver name="h2" module="com.h2database.h2">

<xa-datasource-class>org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource</xa-datasource-class>

</driver> -->

<driver name="sqljdbc4-2.0" module="com.microsoft.sqlserver">

<xa-datasource-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerXADataSource</xa-datasource-class>

</driver>

In jbpm-persistence-JPA2.xml

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect" />

in build.properties:

#MSsqlserver

db.name=sqlserver

db.driver.module.prefix=net/sourceforge/jtds

db.driver.jar.name=sqljdbc4-2.0.jar

in persistence.xml in \jbpm-installer\wildfly-8.1.0.Final\standalone\tmp\vfs\temp\temp4beea6c954470658\jbpm-console.war-cdbbb05879b61ee5\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\persistence.xml

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.dialect" value="org.hibernate.dialect.SQLServerDialect" />

Please help.

Thanks

• 1. Re: jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2
          Abhijit Humbe Master

Hi,

You configuration looks fine for this time. Looks like you are starting server instance using ant task(ant start.demo), am I correct ? If yes then this task start JBoss server with 'full' profile(standalone-full.xml)

~~~

<target name="start.jboss">

<property name="jboss.full.path.win" location="${jboss.home}/bin/standalone.bat" />

<exec executable="${jboss.full.path.win}" spawn="yes" osfamily="windows">

<env key="JAVA_OPTS" value="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xms256m -Xmx512m" />

<arg value="-b" />

<arg value="${jboss.bind.address}" />

<arg value="--server-config=standalone-full.xml" />

~~~

But you have modified standalone.xml file. To start server with MS sql DB configure similar datasource in standalone-full.xml file and check. Thanks.!!

• 2. Re: jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2
            Parth Trivedi Newbie

Hi Abhijit,

Thanks for your reply but above solution didn't work for me. Apparently I found that if I create any new datasource in wildfly 8.1.0 -> Configuration -> Add and add attributes, connection, security and just save it and make it enable, it automatically reflets in standalone-full.xml ..So there was nothing to add in there for me.

So, now when I try to connect it to my datasource, it gives success note that means, my server is connected to my datasource. But now, When I am creating a project in Kie workbench and try to run it, I don't see any entries in sqlserver.. Please help.

• 3. Re: jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2
              Maciej Swiderski Master

you need to change data source JNDI name in persistence.xml to point to the one you created on the server for SQLServer

HTH

• 4. Re: jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2
                Parth Trivedi Newbie

Hi Maciej , in jBPM 6.1 and 6.2 There is only jBPM-persistence-JPA2.xml file and not persistence.xml file. There is one but in temp folder and I assume that is not useful. Okay, here is my jBPM-persistence-JPA2.xml configs:

<properties>

<property name="hibernate.max_fetch_depth" value="3" />

<property name="hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto" value="update" />

<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="false" />     

<!-- BZ 841786: AS7/EAP 6/Hib 4 uses new (sequence) generators which seem to cause problems -->

<property name="hibernate.id.new_generator_mappings" value="false" />

<property name="hibernate.transaction.jta.platform" value="org.hibernate.service.jta.platform.internal.JBossAppServerJtaPlatform" />

</properties>

<jta-data-source>java:jboss/datasources/jBPMDS_MSSQL</jta-data-source> <!-- added this line -->

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

I am not so sure where do I need to change the JNDI name since I tried to search but there is nothing related to JNDI in this xml.

Please help. thanks!

• 5. Re: jBPM with MS SqlServer 2008 R2
                  Parth Trivedi Newbie

Hi All,

thanks a lot for your help and inputs. I am able to see all the process logs in my MSSQLSERVER 2008 db.

Here is what I did: Step by step process to connect jBPM-6.2.0 to Microsoft SQLSERVER2008R2

Thanks,

Parth