0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2015 5:21 PM by raovenu

rich:pickList not working

raovenu

Hi,

I am migrating from richfaces 3.3.2 to richfaces 4.5.1.Final and also using myfaces 2.2.1. I have been getting several issues but able to resolve with the help of the community and documentation. Now I am stuck with getting rich:pickList to work properly. I get the values in the left side of the pickList but I cannot get the right side to display the values. I have seen several posts related to this issue and tried to follow what has been suggested. Please some one take a look at my code and let me know where am I going wrong. I have made sure that my model object has equals and hash codes. Here is my code:

<h:panelGrid id="addressBlockPoliciesPanelGrid">

<rich:pickList id="addressBlockPoliciesShuttle"

value="#{addressBlockBean.targetPolicies}"

sourceCaption="Available Policies"

targetCaption="Assigned Policies"

listWidth="165px"

listHeight="165px"                                                                                     

disabled="#{addressBlockBean.disabled || securityBean.privMap['manageAddrBlkFormNamsPolicies']}">

<f:selectItems value="#{addressBlockBean.sourcePolicies}" var="policy" itemValue="#{policy}" itemLabel="#{policy.name}" />

<f:converter converterId="PolicyConverter" />                               

</rich:pickList>

</h:panelGrid>

Here is the code from my backing bean.

public List<Policy> getSourcePolicies()

{

return this.sourcePolicies;

}

public void setSourcePolicies(List<Policy> sourcePolicies)

{

this.sourcePolicies = sourcePolicies;

}

My private method that populates sourcePolicies:

private void setSourcePolicies(final AddressBlock addressBlock)

{

final List<Policy> sourcePolicies = new ArrayList<Policy>();       

final List<Policy> availablePolicies = addressBlockManager.getAddressBlockPolicies();

final List<Policy> selectedPolicies = getSelectedAddressBlockPolicies();

for (final Policy policy : availablePolicies)

{

if (policyIsNotAssigned(selectedPolicies, policy))

{

sourcePolicies.add(policy);

}

}

setSourcePolicies(sourcePolicies);

}  

private List<Policy> getSelectedAddressBlockPolicies()

{

final List<Policy> policies = new ArrayList<Policy>();

if ((this.selectedBlock != null) && (this.selectedBlock.getAddressBlockPolicies() != null))

{

final Set<AddressBlockPolicy> abPolicies = this.selectedBlock.getAddressBlockPolicies();

for (final AddressBlockPolicy abPolicy : abPolicies)

{

policies.add(abPolicy.getPolicy());

}

}

return policies;

}

Also I am attaching the model object and converter I am using for your reference. I really appreciate any help you can provide with this issue.

Thanks,

Venu