This is how I *believe* you could deploy a process kjar to jBPM 6.2.0.FINAL. This example is intended to be simple proof that you can create the default project in Eclipse and deploy it via the Maven repo, to the jBPM console. I am new to jBPM and am trying to wrap how a possible deploy process might look like.
Let me know if I have missed something somewhere (I must be since it does not work):
- Create a simple test project in Eclipse: New --> jBPM project (Maven)
- Compile the project in maven externally. This will populate your local .m2 repo with a kjar (i.e. jbpm-example-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar)
- Fire up the jBPM console in the browser
- Access Deploy --> Process Deployments console and click the "+" button
- Fill out the form to Deploy a New Unit
- For Kie Base Name I just used "kbase", and "ksession" for the Kie Session Name. Should these be blank for this simple test process project?
After clicking Deploy Unit, I get an error. The logs show this:
Unexpected error while deploying unit com.fitness:jbpm-example:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:kbase:ksession: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.aether.collection.DependencyCollectionException: Failed to collect dependencies at com.sample:jbpm-example:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> org.jbpm:jbpm-test:jar:6.2.0.Final
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.collection.DependencyCollectionException: Failed to collect dependencies at com.sample:jbpm-example:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT -> org.jbpm:jbpm-test:jar:6.2.0.Final
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.jbpm:jbpm-test:jar:6.2.0.Final
Caused by: org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException: Could not find artifact org.jboss.dashboard-builder:dashboard-builder-bom:pom:6.2.0.Final in local (file:/home/jboss/.m2/repository/)
Not sure about the last part. Does the dashboard builder *need* to be installed or will the console war suffice?
Also, is there anything missing or wrong about deploying this kjar? Is it just the default Eclipse project with no real functionality (though there is a .bpmn file, a kmodule.xml and a ProcessMain.java file in the jar).