4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2015 3:28 AM by kuldeep11

Listening on Multiple IPs

michael.rice

I would like to configure a single instance of the server to listen on 2 specific network interfaces, but not all network interfaces. Is there a way to do this? I've seen this question popup a few years ago, and the answer has been "no you can't do that", but I was wondering if this has changed or if there is any plan to support this.

Thanks.

Michael

• 1. Re: Listening on Multiple IPs
          ctomc

This was always possible, not sure why/how said it was not possible.

this is full option set for configuring interface we have in our testsuite for years now.

<interface name="internal">

<multicast/>

<nic name="eth0"/>

<nic-match pattern="eth[0-9]+"/>

<point-to-point/>

<site-local-address/>

<up/>

<any>

<subnet-match value="10.0.0.0/8"/>

<subnet-match value="192.168.0.0/16"/>

</any>

<not>

<loopback/>

</not>

</interface>

so I would think that you would need something like

<interface name="public">

<nic name="eth0"/>

<nic name="eth1"/>

</interface>

or something like that depending on your configuration.

But thinking of it now, I am not sure how would this work later when services are bound to this interfaces.

• 2. Re: Listening on Multiple IPs
            michael.rice

I have tried numerous variations of the <interface> tag, including those you've listed, but none are successful. The server starts, but the services are not listening on multiple interfaces. Specifying <any-ipv4-address/> works of course, but that's not ideal, as I have several interfaces and do not want to expose the services on all of them.

• 3. Re: Listening on Multiple IPs
              ljhiyh

Without <any-ipv4-address/>,<any-ipv6-address/> and <any>, there is a way to set multiple ip which are accessable to the management interface ?

From help from interface menu, those options are looking for a IP for the interface.

For example, NIC

~~~

Attribute indicating that part of the selection criteria for choosing an IP address for this interface should be whether its network interface has a name that matches the given regular expression.

~~~

• 4. Re: Listening on Multiple IPs
                kuldeep11

You can start instance with 0.0.0.0 and then you can access with all IPs available on System.

Thanks!!