1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2015 3:41 AM by jfclere

SSLv2Hello Tomcat native

tnzeibig

Hi,

I'm using JBOSS 5.1,  jdk6, native API  and having trouble disabling SSLV2 and 3 to mitigate the Poodle attack.

SSLProtocol="TLSv1"

This is the only configuration I have tried that satisfies the poodle scanners.

My problem is the jdk6 -  when I use HttpsURLConnection the server fails on the 'SSLv2Hello' handshake.

I have not found a way to make the Native tomcat permit the SSLv2Hello.  (searching the web for a week now)

Any help is appreciated.

PS.  I was able to create a wrapper for the SSLSocketFactory which works, but that doesn't help when a off-the-shelf application tries to connect using the bare jdk6 code.

Tom Z

• 1. Re: SSLv2Hello Tomcat native
          jfclere

There isn't any easy fix for that you should upgrade to a supported version :-(

The solutions are:

1 - Use SSLProtocol="TLSv1"( you are safe for the moment) but you need to upgrade the clients to use java8

2 - Use the JIO/BIO connector and use something like sslEnabledProtocols="TLSv1.2,TLSv1.1,TLSv1,SSLv2Hello" (TLSv1,SSLv2Hello probably).

3 - update the native libraries and back port the fixed jbossweb code.

1 of 1 people found this helpful