1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2015 4:59 PM by f_marchioni

How does the clustering and session replication work in WildFly?

samu100

Hi,

I'm Norbert Bányai from Debrecen, Hungary. I write my thesis about clusters and load-balancing. Actually I've already installed a cluster with load-balancing and session replication, no problems with that.

I'm just curious about the way it works in WildFly. I'd be really grateful if anyone could help me on this.

Of course, I will mention everyone, who provides any useful information, in my thesis (if You allow me to do so).

Thank You very much in advance.

• 1. Re: How does the clustering and session replication work in WildFly?
          f_marchioni

In a clustered environment (i.e. JGroups "web" or "ejb" channels activated) the data contained in the session is stored either on a group of servers (distribution) or across all the servers in a cluster (replication). Distribution is the default clustering mechanism and it is governed by Infinispan which elects a number of owners to store the cache entries. As the cluster view varies so the distribution of cache entries can vary to ensure that data stored in the session is available.

By default all Stateful Session beans deployed in an ha/full-ha profile and web applications marked as "<distributable/>" achieve this behavior.

For more info: High Availability Guide - WildFly 8 - Project Documentation Editor