7 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2015 1:38 AM by sridharthiyagarajan

How to implement hot deployment in wildfly

sridharthiyagarajan

Hello.. I am trying to deploy my application as a hot deployment in Wildfly 8.2.0. I went through the guide of wildfly-maven-plugin and found that it currently does not support hot deployment. I need to unpack my application EAR file in standalone/deployments folder keeping the auto-deploy-exploded property of deployment scanner to true in standalone-full-ha.xml. Can anyone please suggest how to deploy an application as a hot deployment in wildfly. I am using maven and any maven configuration to unpack an EAR file is also welcomed. Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
          hwellmann.de

Define the meaning of "hot deployment". Then check if WildFly supports it. If WildFly doesn't support it, wildfly-maven-plugin won't either.

• 2. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
            sridharthiyagarajan

It was hard deployment and not hot deployment as it was a mistake in my original question. Wildfly supports hot deployment. I was looking for a stuff similar to jboss:hard-deploy provided by jboss-maven-plugin in wildfly-maven-plugin but could achieve using maven-antrun-plugin. Thanks.

• 3. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
              wdfink

hard-deploy simple copy the file to the server's deploy directory.

As the WildFly plugin use the management interface, as this is the prefered method and work for standalone and domain mode, there is no hard-deploy.

By default the plugin use the default management connection localhost:9999 and does not know where the server is in the filesystem.

• 4. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
                sridharthiyagarajan

Many thanks for the response .. Wolf-Dieter Fink. Application was running earlier in JBoss 6 AS and it was availing hot deployment feature of it using jboss:hard-deploy. I am trying to implement the same feature by copying exploded EAR file in standalone/deployments folder of Wildfly AS and adding auto-deploy-exploded attribute of deployment scanner of standalone-full-ha.xml to true.

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:deployment-scanner:1.0">

<deployment-scanner

scan-interval="5000"

relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir"

path="deployments"

auto-deploy-exploded="true" />

</subsystem>

By this way, I believe hard deploy can be achieved in Wildfly AS.

• 5. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
                  jamezp

Just a minor correction port 9990 for WildFly by default

--

James R. Perkins

• 6. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
                    wdfink

Yes, you might use this configuration in standalone mode.

But consider in contrast to AS6 each change to the exploded directory will force a re-deploy.

A better option is to keep the default and deploy the exploded deployments by adding the deployers status files named <your app>.dodeploy or .deployed (see documentation for more details)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: How to implement hot deployment in wildfly
                      sridharthiyagarajan

Many thanks.. Wolf-Dieter Fink. I have the EAR exploded in standalone/deployments folder and.dodeploy gets created during deployment and .deployed gets generated after deployment after starting the Wildfly.