2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2015 3:23 PM by terrible-tony

Unable to add users

terrible-tony

Hi all,

First question, I've done a search and not found anything recently similar so please point out if possible how I can use the site more effectively before I bombard with newbie questions.

I'm not a programmer but I am interested in the BRMS and BPM suites, so I've downloaded the EAP server onto my windows 8.1 laptop and started with the quickstarts.

I'm interested in the BRMS and BPM suites that Red hat offer so I've downloaded them and installed them under the EAP folder as per instructions in this link:

https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-brms-quickstarts

At the bottom of the screen, step 3 states that to add an application user execute the following on the command line:

For Windows: EAP_HOME\bin\add-user.bat  -a -u 'quickstartUser' -p 'quickstartPwd1!' -ro 'admin,analyst'

When I then start the EAP server and try to log in to the following location:

http://localhost:8080/business-central

I'm told that the "login failed: not authorized" when I use quickstartUser

I have this in the following files under this directory (C:\Users\Anthony\EAP-6.4.0\standalone\configuration)

application-roles.properties:

#some blurb

brmsAdmin=admin

quickstartUser='admin,analyst'

application-users.properties:

#some blurb

brmsAdmin=2f9c140fa12d9cbe6559d1c407b817b4

quickstartUser=c133ed1940e7828720da426304827632

mgmt-groups.properties:

#some blurb

quickstartUser=admin,analyst

mgmnt-users.properties:

admin=4123d4ce5623c0ad7b23ffcf848ab234

quickstartUser=0baeb9d8fe4ea3f6966fc981732b0578

#some blurb

I'm able to login to http://localhost:9990/console/App.html using brmsadmin and in there I can see that there is no users set-up:

I've done this when the server wasn't running and then launched it and not been able to login with the quickstart user, any help appreciated.

Regards,

Anthony

• 1. Re: Unable to add users
          lylewang

seems single quotes were added in application-roles.properties:

brmsAdmin=admin

quickstartUser='admin,analyst'

Try to change it to this ?

quickstartUser=admin,analyst

Does "brmsAdmin" (created during installation) work well ?

• 2. Re: Unable to add users
            terrible-tony

Hi,

Thanks for getting back, yes brmsadmin did work it's what I took the screenshot with.

However I just figured out that I was running EAP on my windows laptop and that is not on the installation requirements (it's windows server 2012 etc. that they are asking for) so I reckon this was why I couldn't get that piece to work.

Thanks anyway

Anthony