7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2015 3:36 AM by sreekanth.munarai

Jboss start error

sreekanth.munarai

Hi All,

I have migrated my application server to new location.

i host JBoss as windows service in my environment.

I don't know where i have gone wrong, getting below exception. However, application getting deployed, but the below error still continuing.

ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext] (MSC service thread 1-4) Error starting static Resources: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base D:\Location\welcome-content does not exist or is not a readable directory

at org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.java:148) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.resourcesStart(StandardContext.java:3554) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3723) [jbossweb-7.0.17.Final.jar:]

at org.jboss.as.web.WelcomeContextService.start(WelcomeContextService.java:111) [jboss-as-web-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_35]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_35]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_35]

Please advice, where i would have been wrong.

Thanks,

Sreekanth

• 1. Re: Jboss start error
          mayerw01

Are you sure your JBOSS_HOME is pointing to the correct directory?

• 2. Re: Jboss start error
            sreekanth.munarai

Yes Mayer, JBoss_Home is pointing to correct directory.

• 3. Re: Jboss start error
              jboss234

verify if D:\Location\welcome-content exist in filesystem.

If not then search for D:\Location\welcome-content path in standalone.xml and give correct path of welcome-content directory.

This welcome-content exist under JBOSS_HOME (i.e. C:\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\welcome-content)

• 4. Re: Jboss start error
                sreekanth.munarai

HI DP,

In standalone.xml file, i have the following configuration:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<virtual-server name="default-host" enable-welcome-root="true">

<alias name="localhost"/>

<alias name="example.com"/>

</virtual-server>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't have that specified path in standalone.xml

JBoss_HOME is mentioned in service.bat as I'm hosting JBoss as windows service.

This all was working in my old servers, I'm encountering this only after migrating app server to new location/server.

Is there any point/file that I'm missing??Please advice.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Jboss start error
                  jaikiran

Post the complete logs that you see when you start the server. Also post the exact content of your web subsystem from the standalone configuration xml that you are using to start the server. Also post the directory listing of the directory that's being pointed to by JBOSS_HOME.

• 6. Re: Jboss start error
                    mayerw01

Did you try starting the server via standalone.bat?

• 7. Re: Jboss start error
                      sreekanth.munarai

Hi All,

Thanks for your concern and valuable advises!!

I have tried to download and install fresh JBoss AS and its working completely fine without any exception.

Issue identified is in my old setup was missing welcome-content folder in it, i am still wondering how it has worked in my previous environment without any issues.

However , new installation had solved my issue.

Thanks again to every one again for your time.