1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 5:04 AM by vickyk

MDB start and stop delivery

jprio

Hi all,
      We have a mdb listening to an exernal activemq in JBoss 5.1.0GA. The mdb is configured with @ResourceAdapter and we have a rar pointing to our broker deployed on the JBoss.
      When i "stopDelivery" with the jmx-console, it works fine. But when I try to "startDelivery", I get the following error :

20:09:13,396 ERROR [[HtmlAdaptor]] "Servlet.service()" pour la servlet HtmlAdaptor a g�n�r� une exception
      javax.resource.ResourceException: ResourceAdapter already set
      at org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec.setResourceAdapter(ActiveMQActivationSpec.java:234)
      at org.jboss.resource.deployers.RARDeployment.endpointActivation(RARDeployment.java:329)
      at org.jboss.resource.deployers.RARDeployment.internalInvoke(RARDeployment.java:284)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.invoke(ServiceDynamicMBeanSupport.java:156)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.JmxClientKernelAbstraction.invoke(JmxClientKernelAbstraction.java:58)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.inflow.JBossMessageEndpointFactory.activate(JBossMessageEndpointFactory.java:342)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingContainer.startDelivery(MessagingContainer.java:185)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.mdb.MessagingDelegateWrapper.startDelivery(MessagingDelegateWrapper.java:67)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

This error occurs because of the following code in org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQActivationSpec :

public void setResourceAdapter(ResourceAdapter resourceAdapter) throws ResourceException {
      // spec section 5.3.3
      if (this.resourceAdapter != null) {
      throw new ResourceException("ResourceAdapter already set");
      }

So, the solution in JBoss would be to set the adapter to null in org.jboss.resource.deployers.RARDeployment.endpointDeactivation (activationSpec.setResourceAdapter(null)).

What do you think of this ?

• 1. Re: MDB start and stop delivery
          vickyk

"jprio" wrote:

So, the solution in JBoss would be to set the adapter to null in org.jboss.resource.deployers.RARDeployment.endpointDeactivation (activationSpec.setResourceAdapter(null)).

What do you think of this ?

sounds okay to me, however I need to take a deeper look to check what JCA specs pointed in the code explains.