7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2015 6:51 AM by sridhar thiyagarajan

Usage of auto-deploy-exploded="true" in Prod environment

sridhar thiyagarajan Novice

Hello,

I am working on an EAR application which was deployed as an exploded EAR in JBoss 6 AS and am migrating the application to Wildfly 8.2.0 AS. To retain the same deployment structure, I am using auto-deploy-exploded="true" in deployment-scanner subsystem of standalone-full-ha.xml. When starting the server, I am getting the below warning in the server.log

WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 5) JBAS015005: Reliable deployment behaviour is not possible when auto-deployment of exploded content is enabled (i.e. deployment without use of ".dodeploy"' marker files). Configuration of auto-deployment of exploded content is not recommended in any situation where reliability is desired. Configuring the deployment scanner's auto-deploy-exploded setting to "false" is recommended.

As I need to retain the deployment structure, if I use the same structure (i.e.) exploded EAR with auto-deploy-exploded="true" in Production environment, then will this cause any harm or effects ? I just want to learn and understand whether I can ignore this warning message OR I need to to take any action.

Many thanks for the help in advance.