4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 1:09 PM by dlwester

Exception while undeploying application

dlwester

I am trying to test my JEE application with Arquillian running under WebSphere Liberty Profile 8.5.5.4. My Arquillian tests run against an EJB and a REST service.

All the tests run successfully. However, the JUnit test process always ends with an exception:

org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.container.DeploymentException: Exception while undeploying application.

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer.undeploy(WLPManagedContainer.java:419)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController$4.call(ContainerDeployController.java:205)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController$4.call(ContainerDeployController.java:185)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController.executeOperation(ContainerDeployController.java:271)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController.undeploy(ContainerDeployController.java:184)

Caused by: org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.container.DeploymentException: Unable to delete archive from apps directory

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer.undeploy(WLPManagedContainer.java:405)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController$4.call(ContainerDeployController.java:205)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController$4.call(ContainerDeployController.java:185)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController.executeOperation(ContainerDeployController.java:271)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.impl.client.container.ContainerDeployController.undeploy(ContainerDeployController.java:184)

I'm wondering if this is a timing issue, like maybe Arquillian is trying to delete the war it deployed before the app actually stops. But I don't know how to control that.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Exception while undeploying application
          gpoul

Hi Dave,

have you checked that the permissions are OK? Are you using the managed or the remote wlp container implementation?

I think a good first step would also be to collect a trace log so I can look at it, but I think the chance of us discovering something will be minimal and we might need additional tracing in the code. You can find a sample logging.properties here: arquillian-container-was/logging.properties at master · arquillian/arquillian-container-was · GitHub

Do you think you would be able to checkout & compile a version that includes additional tracing once I looked at the trace and you verified the permissions of the directory?

Gerhard

• 2. Re: Exception while undeploying application
            dlwester

Hello, Gerhard. Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Arquillian JUnit tests with WebSphere Liberty Profile in managed mode. I am running on my Windows 7 machine, so there are no permissions issues. I do have WLP configured to allow applications to update the server config directory. It is creating the WAR file successfully - it just doesn't seem to be able to delete it.

I do have a trace, how do you want me to send it to you?

And yes, I'd be happy to run with a debugging version of your code.

• 3. Re: Exception while undeploying application
              gpoul

Hi Dave,

I think even on Windows 7 there might be permissions issues if you sometimes run stuff as administrator and sometimes you don't, but don't ask me how that works ;-)

You can create an issue on our JIRA at Arquillian: WebSphere Containers - JBoss Issue Tracker and attach your trace there.

Gerhard

• 4. Re: Exception while undeploying application
                dlwester

Thanks Gerhard, I will open a ticket.

In the meantime, I think this is the part of the trace that would be related. As you thought, it doesn't really tell us anything:

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer undeploy

FINER: ENTRY

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer getServerXML

FINER: server.xml: /IBM/WLP8554/usr/servers/taskcalendar/server.xml

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer getServerXML

FINER: server.xml: /IBM/WLP8554/usr/servers/taskcalendar/server.xml

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer waitForMBeanTargetState

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0016I: Starting server configuration update.

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: C:\IBM\WLP8554\usr\servers\taskcalendar\serverApplication.xml

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: C:\IBM\WLP8554\usr\servers\taskcalendar\serverKeyStore.xml

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: C:\IBM\WLP8554\usr\servers\taskcalendar\serverBasicUserRegistry.xml

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0028A: Processing included configuration resource: C:\IBM\WLP8554\usr\servers\taskcalendar\serverTesting.xml

[AUDIT   ] CWWKG0017I: The server configuration was successfully updated in 0.043 seconds.

[AUDIT   ] CWWKT0017I: Web application removed (default_host): http://dlwester:30080/task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test/

[INFO    ] SRVE0253I: [task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test] [/task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test] [ArquillianServletRunner]: Destroy successful.

[INFO    ] OpenWebBeans Container was stopped for context path, [/task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test]

[INFO    ] CNTR4003I: The task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test.war EJB module in the task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test application is stopping.

[INFO    ] CNTR4004I: The task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test.war EJB module in the task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test application has stopped successfully.

[AUDIT   ] CWWKZ0009I: The application task-calendar-ejb-task-calendar-bean-test has stopped successfully.

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer waitForMBeanTargetState

FINER: RETURN

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:18 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer getAppDirectory

FINER: appDir: /IBM/WLP8554/usr/servers/taskcalendar/apps

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:19 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer stop

Jun 24, 2015 11:14:19 AM org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.wlp_managed_8_5.WLPManagedContainer stop

FINER: RETURN

Also, I only use my own user ID on my Windows machine, and I have admin authority, so I don't think permissions are the issue.