2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2015 5:51 AM by Nitin Shukla

JBoss AS 7.2 facing HibernateException: Unable to get the default Bean Validation factory

Nitin Shukla Newbie

Hello,

I am migrating my application from JBoss AS 7.1 to JBoss AS 7.2. After configuring standalone.xml in the 7.2 server I am facing issue during startup. Below is the log with error. It looks that Hibernate Validator is not loaded leading to failure to load spring bean sessionFactory.

2015-06-25 20:44:34,274 INFO  [ServerService Thread Pool -- 6:] [org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration] Hibernate Validator not found: ignoring
      2015-06-25 20:44:34,303 ERROR [ServerService Thread Pool -- 6:] [org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader] Context initialization failed: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-dao.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.HibernateException: Unable to get the default Bean Validation factory

However when I run the same application in JBoss AS 7.1 the application starts up fine with any issues. Interestingly I do see in the logs of AS 7.1 "Hibernate Validator not foud: ignoring", however all beans are initialized/loaded and server starts without any issue.

My application is using Spring 3.1.0 and hibernate 3.6.0. I am unclear as to what am I missing to configure for AS 7.2. Any pointers to help resolve the issue will be appreciated.