2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 11:13 AM by abhijithumbe

JBPM Unit Test: Unable to get LastModified for ClasspathResource

samamer

I am unable to get past this error when creating and running jUnit tests in JBoss Developer Studio:

Unable to get LastModified for ClasspathResource

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: 'sample.bpmn' cannot be opened because it does not exist.

I tried several paths but nothing worked and I am reaching out to the group for guidance. Here are the steps and the references:

1. I am using JBoss Developer Studio Version: 8.1.0.GA configured with BRMS and BPM Suites from this url: https://devstudio.jboss.com/updates/8.0/integration-stack/

2. Create a new sample project as jBPM project (Maven). This auto generates a process "sample.bpmn" that has two human tasks.

3. Right click on this process and select "Generate jBPM JUnit Tests". This creates a new package "org.jbpm" under src/main/java with an auto generated public class Hello_WorldJUnitTest extends JbpmJUnitTestCase.

4. If you run this test without change, you will get the above referenced error.

I know that JbpmJUnitTestCase has been deprecated and replaced by JbpmJUnitBaseTestCase, but this had no effect on this error. I also tried moving the test class to different locations within the project structure. And I tried to use the absolute path of the "sample.bpmn". Here is the sample @Test code that I am trying to get to pass:

@Test

public void testImplicit() {

KieSession ksession = createKnowledgeSession("sample2.bpmn");

TaskService taskService = getTaskService();

ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("com.sample.bpmn");

assertProcessInstanceActive(processInstance.getId(), ksession);

}

Changing it to the code shown in the Development_Guide still gives the same error:

public void testProcess() {

createRuntimeManager("sample2.bpmn");

RuntimeEngine runtimeEngine = getRuntimeEngine();

KieSession ksession = runtimeEngine.getKieSession();

ProcessInstance processInstance = ksession.startProcess("com.sample.bpmn");

assertProcessInstanceActive(processInstance.getId(), ksession);

}

The full error trace is attached.

• 1. Re: JBPM Unit Test: Unable to get LastModified for ClasspathResource
          samamer

I am answering my own question to help others:

1. The JBPM (Maven) project template described above creates a process "sample.bpmn" within a com.sample package under src/main/resources. This makes the process invisible to the generated jUnit test.

2. Moving the process outside the package makes it visible. Basically putting it directly under src/main/resources resolved the issue described here.

3. I am still trying to figure out how to reference a *.bpmn file using its path.

• 2. Re: JBPM Unit Test: Unable to get LastModified for ClasspathResource
            abhijithumbe

Hi,

To load BPMN file using its path, try following approach:

File ruleflowFile = new File("/valid/path/to/Sample.bpmn");

Resource resourceRuleflow = kieServices.getResources().newFileSystemResource(ruleflowFile).setResourceType(ResourceType.BPMN2);

kfs.write( resourceRuleflow);        

KieBuilder kb = kieServices.newKieBuilder(kfs);

kb.buildAll();

Hope it helps..