1. JBoss AS 7.x is many years old (not that it's causing this error). I would recommend using the latest released WildFly 9.0.0.Final from here Downloads · WildFly (JBoss Application Server has been renamed to WildFly)
2. How did you install it? Does it have a org/jboss/vfs/main folder in the JBOSS_HOME/modules folder? What are its contents?
Looking at that stacktrace again, I see this:
which looks wrong. How are you starting the server and what operating system is this? Can you post the entire logs (including the echo statements) that you see on the console when you start the server?
Thanks for responding.
1) In Jboss 4.0.3 we used to start jboss by using the class org.jboss.Main and by passing -c argument with my jboss instance. Now I am using org.jboss.as.server.Main by passing -c argument with my jboss instance.
2) Yes it have the org/jboss/vfs/main folder in the JBOSS_HOME/modules folder. The contents are
3) I am starting the server on Linux 5.8 OS. This is the only log I am getting in the console which I have posted earlier.
This had been changed. You should now start the server either via the standalone or domain scripts.