2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2015 7:37 AM by splitframe

How to obtain JMSServerControl object

splitframe Newbie

I'm using an out of the box Wildfly 9 application server started with the standalone-full configuration.

I want to create persistent topics at runtime, so the internet told me I need an instance of JMSServerControl.

But I don't know how to get one.

I read: https://developer.jboss.org/thread/166207 , but that didn't really help me.

The doc says I can find the resource at jms.server but when I use:

@Resource(mappedName = "jms.server") private JMSServerControl control; 

it isn't found.

I'm new to Wildfly, HornetQ and Dependency Injection so I'm a bit at a loss here.

• 1. Re: How to obtain JMSServerControl object
          Justin Bertram Master

The JMSServerControl is an MBean and it cannot be injected.  You should ensure that JMX management is enabled on the HornetQ instance (e.g. <jmx-management-enabled>true</jmx-management-enabled>) and then you can look up the MBean from the platform's MBean server.  HornetQ ships with an example demonstrating how to do this from a remote client.  The example is named "jmx" and it's available in the HornetQ distribution.

You could also use programmatic access to the Wildfly management interface and create topics that way.

• 2. Re: How to obtain JMSServerControl object
            splitframe Newbie

Hello Justin,

thank you for your help.

I now do it like this:

MBeanServer mBeanServer = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer();

ObjectName oName = new ObjectName("org.hornetq:module=JMS,type=Server");

JMSServerControl serverControl = MBeanServerInvocationHandler.newProxyInstance(mBeanServer, oName, JMSServerControl.class, false);

Maybe it will help someone else aswell.