1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 31, 2015 4:59 PM by wdfink

Failed to create JDBC connection. There are no running servers bound to this datasource.

stateri

Hi,

I´m using JBoss EAP 6.4 and I copyed the datasources configuration from the standalone configuration (standalone-full-ha.xml) to domain configuration (domain.xml) in the same JBoss. I only would like to use my JBoss as cluster instead of standalone. I already have ojdbc6.jar in a module and it´s working fine on standalone.

When I start my JBoss in domain configuration with this command:

cd /my-jboss-path

bin/domain.sh --host-config=host-master.xml

I go to the admin console and try to add a new datasource. All works fine in the datasource addition, but when I test my connection, the following error is reported:

Failed to create JDBC connection.

There are no running servers bound to this datasource.

What do I need to do to have to datasource working in domain mode?

Here´s my datasource that´s working fine at standalone configutaion:

<datasource jta="true" jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/LogosDS" pool-name="LogosDS" enabled="true" use-ccm="true" statistics-enabled="false">

<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.0.1.10:1521:dbdes1</connection-url>

<driver-class>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</driver-class>

<driver>Oracle11g</driver>

<security>

<user-name>myuser</user-name>

<password>mypassword</password>

</security>

<validation>

<validate-on-match>false</validate-on-match>

<background-validation>false</background-validation>

</validation>

<timeout>

<set-tx-query-timeout>false</set-tx-query-timeout>

<blocking-timeout-millis>0</blocking-timeout-millis>

<idle-timeout-minutes>0</idle-timeout-minutes>

<query-timeout>0</query-timeout>

<use-try-lock>0</use-try-lock>

<allocation-retry>0</allocation-retry>

<allocation-retry-wait-millis>0</allocation-retry-wait-millis>

</timeout>

<statement>

<share-prepared-statements>false</share-prepared-statements>

</statement>

</datasource>

<drivers>

<driver name="Oracle11g" module="com.oracle.ojdbc6"/>

</drivers>

Thanks in advance

Sergio Stateri Jr

sergio.stateri@globo.com

System Architect - Methodist University of Sao Paulo - Brazil

• 1. Re: Failed to create JDBC connection. There are no running servers bound to this datasource.
          wdfink

First of all the domain is a management concept and is separate from a cluster configuration. You might have a cluster with multiple standalone nodes, or with a domain. You should read thedocumentation about domain management for this.

So if you start two instances of standalone-full-ha these nodes can build a cluster.

If you use a domain you need to have a server-group use the full-ha profile where you add your datasource. After you add one or more servers aligned to this server group you build a cluster with this servers and each server has a DS pool to the datasource.