2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 8:06 AM by sebek64

Incompatibility of java 8u60, CDI observer method and lambda expressions

sebek64

Hi.

It seems that java release 8u60 breaks the following scenario. Create an CDI observer method, write a lambda expression inside it, and use the observed parameter inside the lambda.

Here is a short example:

public void handle(@Observes SomeEvent event) {

someMethod(optional.ifPresent(param -> {

switch (event.getType()) {

case A:

param.A();

break;

}

});

}

The resulting error may differ, but basically I got the following two types of error during deployment:

Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-000088: Observer method must be static or local business method:  [EnhancedAnnotatedMethodImpl] private Handler.lambda$handle$150(@Observes SomeEvent, Param) on [EnhancedAnnotatedTypeImpl] public @Singleton @ConcurrencyManagement class Handler

at org.jboss.weld.bean.SessionBean.checkObserverMethods(SessionBean.java:205)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.SessionBean.internalInitialize(SessionBean.java:100)

at org.jboss.weld.bean.RIBean.initialize(RIBean.java:69)

at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.ConcurrentBeanDeployer$5.doWork(ConcurrentBeanDeployer.java:121)

at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.ConcurrentBeanDeployer$5.doWork(ConcurrentBeanDeployer.java:118)

at org.jboss.weld.executor.IterativeWorkerTaskFactory$1.call(IterativeWorkerTaskFactory.java:60)

at org.jboss.weld.executor.IterativeWorkerTaskFactory$1.call(IterativeWorkerTaskFactory.java:53)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]

... 3 more

Caused by: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DeploymentException: WELD-001408: Unsatisfied dependencies for type Param with qualifiers @Default

at injection point [BackedAnnotatedParameter] Parameter 3 of [BackedAnnotatedMethod] private static Handler.lambda$handle$210(@Observes SomeEvent, Param)

at Handler.lambda$handle$210(Handler.java:0)

WELD-001475: The following beans match by type, but none have matching qualifiers:

- Session bean [class SomeParam with qualifiers [@Provider @Any]; local interfaces are [Param]

at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.Validator.validateInjectionPointForDeploymentProblems(Validator.java:359)

at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.ConcurrentValidator$4.doWork(ConcurrentValidator.java:108)

at org.jboss.weld.bootstrap.ConcurrentValidator$4.doWork(ConcurrentValidator.java:103)

at org.jboss.weld.executor.IterativeWorkerTaskFactory$1.call(IterativeWorkerTaskFactory.java:60)

at org.jboss.weld.executor.IterativeWorkerTaskFactory$1.call(IterativeWorkerTaskFactory.java:53)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [rt.jar:1.8.0_60]

... 3 more

The type of error depends on the fact whether the bean of type @Default Param is available or not.

I guess that this regression might be related to one of those fixes, but there are several other fixes related to lambdas:

http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8037546

http://bugs.java.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8058227

I use gradle for compilation, and '-parameters' parameter is not passed to javac. I run on wildfly 9.0.1.

This may be a bug both in weld or in javac, I cannot decide. Any suggestions where to report this bug are welcome.