1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 3:31 AM by theute

Install a Hawkular monitoring Agent on EAP 6.x

andr2ot

Hi All,

Hawkular seems like a really cool project it is exacltly what I need for monitoring JVMs and servers.  The Hawkular - Getting Started guide provided guides on how to monitor wildfly, did anybody attempted to run the same on JBoss EAP 6.x ?

As EAP 6.x should be very close to Wildfly that should be an easy task. When i tried running the same agent on EAP i got  following exception:

Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleNotFoundException: org.wildfly.security.manager:main
        at org.jboss.modules.Module.addPaths(Module.java:1030) [jboss-modules.jar:1.3.0.Final-redhat-2]
        at org.jboss.modules.Module.link(Module.java:1386) [jboss-modules.jar:1.3.0.Final-redhat-2]
        at org.jboss.modules.Module.relinkIfNecessary(Module.java:1414) [jboss-modules.jar:1.3.0.Final-redhat-2]
        at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.loadModule(ModuleLoader.java:242) [jboss-modules.jar:1.3.0.Final-redhat-2]
        at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml.loadModule(ExtensionXml.java:177) [jboss-as-controller-7.3.0.Final-redhat-14.jar:7.3.0.Final-redhat-14]
        ... 8 more

That is because org.hawkular.agent.monitor jboss module has a dependency on org.wildfly.security.manager

<module name="org.wildfly.security.manager"/>

I did not manage to find a simple workaround for that. Any clues on how to run the monitoring agent on EAP would be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrzej