1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 17, 2015 4:33 PM by bzbit

Wildfly 9.0.1 Final - missing log information

bzbit

We have just installed our first Wildfly installation at a customer site. We modified the logging configuration in standalone.xml to use a size-rotating-file-handler. Wildfly is installed as a service (Windows 2003 Server) When the service starts the logging is fine and runs well for a while, however after a few hours the logging just stops although the application is still running. After a few hours of no logging the logging will just start up again and then run fine for a few more hours. The gap in the logs does not correlate with when the size rotation should take place. Our configuration is as follows:

<size-rotating-file-handler name="FILE" autoflush="true">

<formatter>

<named-formatter name="PATTERN"/>

</formatter>

<file relative-to="jboss.server.log.dir" path="server.log"/>

<rotate-size value="10000k"/>

<max-backup-index value="10"/>

<append value="true"/>

</size-rotating-file-handler>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Wildfly 9.0.1 Final - missing log information
          bzbit

More information about this.

When you install Wildfly as a service on Windows there are some logging parameters that set up separate logs for stdout, stderr, etc, in the service.bat file. I am not sure whether those logs were being written to properly as there does't seem to be a way to rotate them and they became too large. I removed the params for those from service.bat and now they are not being created, however the original logging problem still occurs. I can now reproduce this behavior on second system using the  <periodic-rotating-file-handler> as set up in the default standalone.xml provided in the distro.