0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 3:41 AM by gmichael

Server Side Caching

gmichael

Hello and Merry Christmas!

I have a standalone WildFly 9.0.2 and I want to cache on the server side the responses for certain requests.

Some of the requests are available for all users (visitors), others should be available only to authenticated users.

I do not understand from the documentation how to do this. Can you point me to a tutorial or manual that implements this functionality?

I started wildfly using the default configuration for Infispan that is found in the standalone\configuration\standalone.xml

Then, I modified the response object to contain in the header information for caching, hoping it would work like JAX-RS where it would check the headers and automatically cache.

final HttpServletResponse response;
      long current = System.currentTimeMillis();
      long expires = current + 86400000;
      response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-transform, max-age="+ 86400 + ", public");
      response.addDateHeader("Expires", expires);
      response.addDateHeader("Last-Modified", current);

That unfortunately did not work on the server side (thought it did work for my web application which is reading properly the header information for cache and it re-uses its local cache).

When I tried to view the Infinispan settings from the administration panel at http://127.0.0.1:9990, I get an exception and cannot proceed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

George