3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2016 12:32 AM by jaysensharma

library ref from .war to .jar inside .ear

garyaitken

Hi all,

This is clearly a newbie config question but my head is hurting from beating it against various walls...

Trying to get an old (2010) app I know next to nothing about to run.

Using wildfly 9.0.1 on fbsd.

I have built a .ear which I suspect has incorrect xml descriptors in it;

it contains a single .war and a .jar; the .war references a class in the .jar.

When enabled in wildfly, I get a ClassNotFound exception.

I thought the Class-Path reference in the war file should make it find the class in the jar file...

Packaging is as follows:

app.ear:

META-INF/

app.war:

META-INF/

MANIFEST.MF

Class-Path: app.jar

WEB-INF/

jboss-web.xml

web.xml

classes/              (contains class referencing missing class)

lib/                  (contains some .jar files needed by classes)

app.jar:

META-INF/

jboss.xml

classes/              (contains the missing org.abc.DMDSLLocalHome.class)

lib/                  (contains .jar files needed by classes)

ejb-jar.xml

(other .xml files not yet relevant)

2015-12-30 20:21:27,160 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (XNIO-1 task-5) WFLYCTL0013:

Operation ("deploy") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "app.ear")]) - failure description:

{"WFLYCTL0080: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.subunit.\"app.ear\".\"app.war\".POST_MODULE" =>

"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.subunit.\"app.ear\".\"app.war\".POST_MODULE:

WFLYSRV0153: Failed to process phase POST_MODULE of subdeployment \"app.war\" of deployment \"app.ear\"

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: WFLYEJB0087: Could not load view org.abc.DMDSLLocalHome

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.abc.DMDSLLocalHome from [Module \"deployment.app.ear.app.war:main\" from Servic

e Module Loader]"}}

Any pointers / hints would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: library ref from .war to .jar inside .ear
          jaysensharma

You should move the "org.abc.DMDSLLocalHome.class"    from the   "app.ear/app.jar/classes"   to  "app.ear/app.jar".   Usually we do not create a directory "classes" inside a JAR.  so better  to move all the classes from the "app.ear/app.jar/classes" to the root of that JAR like inside "app.ear/app.jar" and remove the "app.ear/app.jar/classes" directory.

Also the Standard EAR  can have a directory "lib" where you can place all your JARs than needs to be shared across multiple sub-modules (like war/ejb-jar ..etc) of that EAR.

Regards

Jay SenSharma

• 2. Re: library ref from .war to .jar inside .ear
            garyaitken

Thanks, that got me a little further along.

Now I need to deal with the EJB 2 => EJB 3 transition, since Wildfly 9 apparently doesn't support the arbitrary naming and mapping done via jboss.xml and ejb-jar.xml.  I've seen references to jboss-ejb3.xml, but no real explanation of it and how it may relate to jboss.xml and ejb-jar.xml.

• 3. Re: library ref from .war to .jar inside .ear
              jaysensharma

Good to know that your primary issue is resolved.

EJB2 => EJB3 migration and mapping between jboss.xml and ejb-jar.xml and jboss-ejb3.xml   i will suggest you to post if you have any specific query/error/exception in that regard else going through the doc will help much.

jboss-ejb3.xml Reference - WildFly 10 - Project Documentation Editor

Regards

Jay SenSharma