5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2016 11:03 AM by tcunning

Unable to resolve cache-container cluster

salvuzzo

Hello, i have a problem.I created a project with SwitchYard, with a Service and ServiceBean. When deployed this project, i get this error:

22:08:45,822 INFO  [org.switchyard.component.sca] (MSC service thread 1-4) SWITCHYARD039200: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster.  clustering for <binding.sca> will not be available for services and references.

22:08:45,923 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not recognized.

22:08:45,941 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4) Compiler warnings:

22:08:45,941 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-4)  WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.'

22:08:46,188 INFO  [org.switchyard.common.camel.SwitchYardCamelContextImpl] (MSC service thread 1-4) Route: direct:{urn:com.ggl.switchyard:switchyard-helloworld-demo:1.0}HelloWorldService started and consuming from: Endpoint[direct://%7Burn:com.ggl.switchyard:switchyard-helloworld-demo:1.0%7DHelloWorldService]

22:08:46,278 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS018559: Deployed "switchyard-helloworld-demo.jar" (runtime-name : "switchyard-helloworld-demo.jar")

my project it is deployed in my standalone, but into console JBOSS i have this error:

Unknow deployment type: switchyard

Many thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster
          rick_wagner

Hello,

This looks to be a strange one.  The container looks like it deployed the application, but the console doesn't know about it.
          Is this maybe a Wildfly Camel installation?  That installation might not have all the SwitchYard parts.  Else, please tell us about which EAP/Wildfly you are running, and how SwitchYard was installed.

Regards,

Rick

• 2. Re: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster
            salvuzzo

Hello Rick,

Thanks for you answer. I have downloaded l'application server wildfly 8.1, then i have downloaded switchyard-2.0.0.Final-WildFly. I unpacked the archive switchyard into wildfly 8.1 replacing files. something wrong? I then tried to install switchyard using the build.xml present within wildfly 8.1

• 3. Re: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster
              rick_wagner

Hello,

Ah, this may be the reason for the message.

The first comment on [1] indicates that there was some question about use of Wildfly 8.1 with SwitchYard 2.0.  (Some users thought it would be ok, but the documentation tells us 'SwitchYard 2.0.0.Final has been tested against Wildfly 8.0.0.Final ').   So we may have a subtle bug when running against Wildfly 8.1.

Is it necessary that you use Wildfly 8.1?  If not, you might consider trying against the tested version (Wildfly 8.0) or better yet use EAP 6.4.  Is that a possibility for you?

Rick

[1] SwitchYard 2.0.0.Final now available

• 4. Re: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster
                salvuzzo

Hello,

I read that even the version wildfly 8.1 supports SwitchYard 2.0. Anyway for to make a test, i have installed wildfly 8.0 but also in wildfly 8.0 i get this error:

WITCHYARD039200: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster.  clustering for <binding.sca> will not be available for services and references.

16:35:19,250 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-6) Warning:  org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser: Property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' is not recognized.

16:35:19,255 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-6) Compiler warnings:

16:35:19,255 ERROR [stderr] (MSC service thread 1-6)   WARNING:  'org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl: Property 'http://javax.xml.XMLConstants/property/accessExternalDTD' is not recognized.'

16:35:19,320 INFO  [org.switchyard.common.camel.SwitchYardCamelContextImpl] (MSC service thread 1-6) Route: direct:{urn:com.example.switchyard:switchyard-test:1.0}Prova started and consuming from: Endpoint[direct://%7Burn:com.example.switchyard:switchyard-test:1.0%7DProva]

16:35:19,400 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 2) JBAS018565: Replaced deployment "switchyard-test.jar" with deployment "switchyard-test.jar"

• 5. Re: Unable to resolve cache-container cluster
                  tcunning

Salvuzzo,

There's two things here - the cache-container warning, and the xerces errors.

cache-container : this is just an info message, there may be something that needs to be set in the wildfly configuration we're shipping.     I've logged a JIRA here (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SWITCHYARD-2874) - we'll investigate, but unless you were planning on using SwitchYard + WildFly clustering right away, I think we're okay for now.     Keep an eye on updates to that JIRA.

xerces errors : I think the problem is basically the same as here :

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAT-158

and that you're using a newer JDK that's setting properties that Xerces doesn't really know about.   I did a mvn:dependency:tree using your pom.xml and I don't see xerces in the list, so I think it's being pulled in by Maven.    I don't think it's harmful though.

--Tom