3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 7:24 AM by karlvr

Logging problem in Infinispan 8.*

c0ff75

Hello everybody!

I have web application which contains some web-services and uses Infinispan for caching data. It runs under GlassFish 4.1 (Payara 4.1) and JDK 8.

I tried to upgrade Infinispan in my project from version 7.2.5-Final to latest 8.1.1. For this purpose I just changed Infinispan version in my Maven POM file.

But any requests to Infinispan throws following error:

at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.internalStart(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:627)
      at org.infinispan.factories.AbstractComponentRegistry.start(AbstractComponentRegistry.java:530)
      at org.infinispan.factories.GlobalComponentRegistry.start(GlobalComponentRegistry.java:226)
      ... 104 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.infinispan.util.logging.Log.tracef(Ljava/lang/String;I)V

at org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsTransport.waitForView(JGroupsTransport.java:238)
      at org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsTransport.waitForChannelToConnect(JGroupsTransport.java:455)
      at org.infinispan.remoting.transport.jgroups.JGroupsTransport.start(JGroupsTransport.java:191)

Previous Infinispan version (7.2) works fine.

Errors above throws in any 8.* versions.

Can somebody prompt me what need to do? I think that some additional logging configuration needed for Infinispan 8. Currently I have no special configuration for logging - Infinispan uses standard Java logging interfaces in GlassFish.

Best regards,

Eugeny

• 1. Re: Logging problem in Infinispan 8.*
          nadirx

Hi Eugeny,

you probably have both infinispan-core and infinispan-embedded in your classpath. Can you check ?

• 2. Re: Logging problem in Infinispan 8.*
            c0ff75

Hi, Tristan Tarrant

Thanks for your answer.

I found reason of my problem with Infinispan and JBoss logging.

I use Payara 4.1.x for run it. But it contains oldest JBoss logging JAR (3.1.GA). As a result Infinispan 8.x can't start because it isn't compatible with this version of JBoss logging, it uses version 3.3.1.Final.

I have updated JBoss logging in Payara and Infinispan 8.2.0.Final works fine now!

Best regards,

Eugeny

• 3. Re: Logging problem in Infinispan 8.*
              karlvr

Thank you, I had the same issue when using Infinispan 8.2 and Hibernate 4.3.11; it has the same error / stack trace, and your solution worked for me too.

Hibernate depends upon JBoss Logging 3.1.3 and Infinispan 8.2 required JBoss Logging 3.3. I have worked around the issue—which seems to be working—by specifying the 3.3 dependency in my pom.xml. A temporary resolution while we complete the upgrade to Hibernate 5.