For your testing / evaluation purpose you can use the JBoss EAP as described in the following link: Evaluate Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform - Red Hat Customer Portal
- Provides a single subscription lasting 90 days to deploy on any platform and includes JBoss Operations Network for management and monitoring capabilities.
- Offers access to Red Hat's award winning Customer Portal, including knowledge, videos, and documentation
- Is not intended for production use
Little more details can be found here: http://www.jboss.org/terms-and-conditions/
More detailed JBoss EAP/Middleware Subscription process/rules: https://www.redhat.com/en/files/resources/en-rhjb-subscription-guide-12149557.pdf
What exactly means "production use" ? Does it mean "run application which is used by people other than development team" ? If so - our case is not a production use.
And, is there a difference between situations:
* Company A has production system and JBoss license and develops application for themselves (which they use in production)
* Company A has production system and JBoss licenses and company B develops application for company A only (but doesn't use jboss in production by themselves),