1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 11:01 AM by white_crow

Problem with custom PersistenceProvider packed within the application - what am I missing?

white_crow

Hi everyone

I'm struggling with setting up my application in order to package a custom PersistenceProvider:

According to the documentation, the only thing required is to have the property providerMoule set to 'application'. And within the provider-tag, I set the fully qualified name of my custom PersistenceProvider.

So my persistence.xml basically looks like:

<persistence>

<persistence-unit>

<class>org.url.my.TestEntity</class>

<provider>org.url.my.CustomPersistenceProvider</provider>

<jta-data-source>java:/jdbc/myappy</jta-data-source>

<properties>

<property name="jboss.as.jpa.providerModule" value="application"></property>

</properties>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

At first everything seems to be fine, tables are correctly created and server is starting. However, it is not possible to insert any data with the EntityManager injected with @PersistenceContext. Trying to insert data does NOT throw an exception, it simply does not happen.

Strangely I have the exact same behavior, if I set the provider to org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.PersistenceProvider and package the EclipseLink jars withing the application. Also, creating a custom module on Wildfly, containing my custom PersistenceProvider does not work.

It only works, if I install the EclipseLink jars as a module on Wildfly and working with the default PersistenceProvider...

Does anybody know what I'm missing or has some experience with custom PersistenceProviders?

Cheers

• 1. Re: Problem with custom PersistenceProvider packed within the application - what am I missing?
          white_crow

Hi

I found the solution! In order to activate JTA for a custom PersistenceProvider, it is important to provide the eclipselink.target-server property and set it to JBoss:

<persistence>

<persistence-unit>

<class>org.url.my.TestEntity</class>

<provider>org.url.my.CustomPersistenceProvider</provider>

<jta-data-source>java:/jdbc/myappy</jta-data-source>

<properties>

<property name="jboss.as.jpa.providerModule" value="application"></property>

<property name="eclipselink.target-server" value="JBoss"></property>

</properties>

</persistence-unit>

</persistence>

Cheers