2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 3:12 AM by nimmi

Wildfly 10 integration with activeMq

nimmi

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate our application which is running fine on Wildfly 8 to wildfly 10.0 using ActiveMQ as the messaging layer.

We have activemq-rar.rar included in the deployments directory. On deployment we see the error -

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jms/JMSException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.configuration.BusHolder.newInstance(BusHolder.java:313)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.configuration.BusHolder.configure(BusHolder.java:211)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.deployment.aspect.BusDeploymentAspect.startDeploymentBus(BusDeploymentAspect.java:97)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.deployment.aspect.BusDeploymentAspect.start(BusDeploymentAspect.java:59)

at org.jboss.as.webservices.deployers.AspectDeploymentProcessor.deploy(AspectDeploymentProcessor.java:73)

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:147)

... 5 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.jms.JMSException from [Module "deployment.App.war:main" from Service Module Loader]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:198)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassUnchecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:363)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:351)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:93)

... 17 more

I've tried including the activemq RA as a jboss module as given in How to Use Out of Process ActiveMQ with WildFly but still see the same issue.

This is one more link that I consulted - Wildfly 9 NoClassDefFoundError javax.jms

I've just been reading up on Wildfly 10 and see that we have now activemq included with Wildfly 10 so I assume the intergration would be different compared to wildlfy8 or 9.

So far we have been using the standalone.xml but in Wildfly 10 I see that the messaging-activemq subsystem is available only in standalone-full.xml.

So I assume I need to use the standalone-full.xml. We are using out-of-process ActiveMQ.

Can anybody point to any more documentation on activemq+ wildfly integration.  Any help would be good.

• 1. Re: Wildfly 10 integration with activeMq
          jbertram

I've just been reading up on Wildfly 10 and see that we have now activemq included with Wildfly 10 so I assume the intergration would be different compared to wildlfy8 or 9.

To be clear, the ActiveMQ broker integrated by default with Wildfly 10 is ActiveMQ Artemis which is a completely different broker than the traditional ActiveMQ 5.x broker which I assume you're using.  If you want to use the integrated ActiveMQ Artemis broker then that's simply and you won't need the activemq-rar.rar that you're currently attempting to deploy.  However, if you want to use your existing ActiveMQ 5.x broker then you'll need to deploy the activemq-rar.rar and you can simply ignore the integrated ActiveMQ Artemis broker.

Regarding the ClassNotFoundException you're seeing when deploying the activemq-rar.rar, I believe you can resolve that simply by adding the proper dependency in its MANIFEST.MF, e.g.:

Dependencies: javax.jms.api

BTW, you can find more information about ActiveMQ Artemis on the Apache website.

• 2. Re: Wildfly 10 integration with activeMq
            nimmi

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your reply. I figured out about the dependency and yes the difference between ActiveMQ vs ActiveMQ Artemis.

Neeed little bit more reading up.

Thank you once again.