2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 5:08 PM by ctomc

Does Wildfly support EJB 2.x?

pavan4488

Hi,

I tried deploying an ear which is ejb 2.x, the output was many errors, so i slowly gone through most of them to get them fixed but still am not really successful in deploying the ear.

Hence i thought of asking you a question that "Does Wildfly really support EJB 2.x?", i would further like to try based on your suggestions.

Your support will be helpful.

Below is a comment which i saw in one of the blog

"Taking advantage of services whose support is no longer mandatory for EE7 certification, WildFly has removed JAX-RPC, CMP / EJB 2.1 Entities and JSR-88, the J2EE Application Deployment API.  No doubt this helped with the speed EE7 certification was reached but will also prevent potential users who are still running legacy Web Services and / or EJB Entity Beans from migrating directly to this release."

Thanks,

Pavan Kumar.

• 1. Re: Does Wildfly support EJB 2.x?
          jfisherdev

I am currently migrating EAR applications that use EJB 2.1 Session beans [I have not dealt with Entity or Message-Driven beans] from JBoss AS 4.2.2 to WildFly 9.0.2.  While I am not sure about the other types of EJBs or if this is supported on later versions of WildFly, I have so far been able to deploy these applications and use the EJBs.

This discussion about EJB 2.1 with JBoss AS 7.1 I participated in may interest you:

Migration Issue :: JBoss 4 with EJB 2.1 to JBoss 7.1

I hope that this is of some help to you.

• 2. Re: Does Wildfly support EJB 2.x?
            ctomc

Pavan Kumar wrote:

Hence i thought of asking you a question that "Does Wildfly really support EJB 2.x?", i would further like to try based on your suggestions.

Yes, it does support MDBs, statefull & stateless session beans. but it does not support CMP or EJB 2.x entity beans.

If will be easier if you show us what the reported error is and maybe even code of the class that is reporting error.