0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2016 1:35 PM by jfisherdev

Embedded SAR Deployments In WildFly 9

jfisherdev

I am currently migrating some applications that embed one or more SAR files in an EAR file from JBoss AS 4.2.2 to WildFly 9.0.2. SAR deployments whether top-level or embedded do appear to be supported in WildFly 9 based on my experience so far.

I do have two questions regarding embedded SAR deployments in WildFly 9:

1. Are jboss-app.xml service module elements required for SAR deployment and what purpose do they serve in WildFly 9?

These elements are valid per the most recent jboss-app.xml schema, though I am not sure what purpose they serve in WildFly 9.

2. Where do embedded SARs fall in the deployment order of EAR sub-deployments and can SAR sub-deployments be considered in deployment order configuration?

I know that the <module-order> element in the jboss-app.xml is no longer used and that the <initialize-in-order> element in the application.xml has effectively replaced this as of Java EE 6. I am not sure how this would work with SAR sub-deployments, since SAR sub-deployments do not conform to one of the standard Java EE module types as far as I know.

Any information on this would be appreciated.