0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2016 6:47 AM by christian.bauer

[4.0.0-SNAPSHOT] StyleBinding problems

christian.bauer

Trying the example: http://docs.jboss.org/errai/latest/errai/reference/html_single/#sid-51806600_ErraiUI-Stylesheetbinding

When the @Admin style binding method is private visibility as in the documentation (the HelloWorldForm class), this exception is thrown:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jboss.errai.codegen.util.GWTPrivateMemberAccessor.makeMethodAccessible(GWTPrivateMemberAccessor.java:119)

at org.jboss.errai.codegen.util.PrivateAccessUtil.addPrivateAccessStubs(PrivateAccessUtil.java:197)

at org.jboss.errai.codegen.util.PrivateAccessUtil.addPrivateAccessStubs(PrivateAccessUtil.java:165)

at org.jboss.errai.ioc.rebind.ioc.bootstrapper.AbstractBodyGenerator.addPrivateAccessors(AbstractBodyGenerator.java:590)

at org.jboss.errai.ioc.rebind.ioc.bootstrapper.AbstractBodyGenerator.generate(AbstractBodyGenerator.java:582)

at org.jboss.errai.ioc.rebind.ioc.bootstrapper.FactoryGenerator.generateIncrementally(FactoryGenerator.java:131)

at com.google.gwt.dev.javac.StandardGeneratorContext.runGeneratorIncrementally(StandardGeneratorContext.java:739)

It also seems like the style binding method is invoked at least three times for a single element.

The Element parameter it accepts is the deprecated com.google.gwt.user.client.Element. Maybe Errai 4 major release would justify breaking this API and upgrading to elemental or Errai DOM elements.

Injection of Navigation in the style binding method is not available, I was trying to make style decisions based on the current page.

@Templated("#baz")

@Page(path = "baz")

public class Baz {

private static final Logger LOG = Logger.getLogger(Baz.class.getName());

@Inject
         @Admin
         @DataField
         Button deleteButton;

@Inject
         Navigation navigation;

@Admin
         public void applyStyle(com.google.gwt.user.client.Element element) {

LOG.info("### THIS IS UNDEFINED: " + navigation.getCurrentPage());

}

}

I'm running super dev mode with incremental compile and noprecompile: Whenever I rename the @Admin class and reload/recompile the page, frequently the style binding won't be applied and I get no error. I haven't been able to narrow it down to SDM restarts, cleaning caches, etc. Sometimes I thought also changing the style binding method/class code would make it work again, so both the @Admin and its consumer have to be recompiled, would work.